Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2020, 11:18 AM   #1

LCD Screen blinking "Ub"

I just got a Pentax Zoom 90 WR for Christmas and am in the process of setting it up. I have replaced with new batteries and loaded film but the LCD screen is just blinking "Ub". In the manual and every video I've watched, after turning on the camera, the motor is supposed to load the film and the display show how many photos are left. Instead, it just blinks "Ub" and there is a small very quick motor sound. None of the buttons do anything to fix the blinking.

12-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cbrown_photo Quote
I just got a Pentax Zoom 90 WR for Christmas and am in the process of setting it up. I have replaced with new batteries and loaded film but the LCD screen is just blinking "Ub". In the manual and every video I've watched, after turning on the camera, the motor is supposed to load the film and the display show how many photos are left. Instead, it just blinks "Ub" and there is a small very quick motor sound. None of the buttons do anything to fix the blinking.
It probably has a jammed film drive, probably from a broken gear.
12-28-2020, 03:36 AM   #3
Pentaxian

I think the 'b' is a pictorial representation of the actual film cassette.