Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-29-2020, 04:53 AM   #1

My legacy lenses

Hi every one,

Im not sure this is the right sub-categorie to ask this but.
i got for chrismas some old lenses two of them dosen't fit on my k100D.
They are :
Auto Chinon Zoom Mc Macro 75/200mm 1:1.4~4.8 52Ø

I looked for an adapter but i cant find one.
Someone know if it's away to use it on my k100d ?

Thanks for answering.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CLT-L09  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CLT-L09  Photo 
12-29-2020, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
yes and no - you don't need an adapter for it, but that long aperture-lever-guard will have to be altered/removed for it to mount on your camera....
12-29-2020, 05:57 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
. . . that long aperture-lever-guard will have to be altered/removed for it to mount on your camera....
the photo in this article might be of help

QuoteQuote:
Third Party Variants of the K-mount
Pentax made the original "K" mount available for other camera manufacturers to adopt. The goal was to create a universal standard bayonet mount much like the M42 screw mount had been. Ricoh, Chinon, and others produced cameras and lenses with the "K" mount. Unfortunately, with the introduction of the "KA" mount, Pentax reversed the decision with the result that the other manufacturers either abandoned the "K" mount or developed their own, somewhat incompatible, enhancements. Several third party lens manufacturers produce or has produced lenses with a K-mount. There are no issues with current third party lenses in K-mount, but for older lenses there are two traps to watch out for:

The infamous "Ricoh pin". . . .

The other trap is the shield that protects the aperture stop down lever. The image to the left shows what the shield should look like and does look like on a genuine Pentax lens. Some older third party lenses have a much larger shield which prevents mounting the lens on a Pentax DSLR. Current third party lenses (Sigma, Tamron, Rokinon, etc.) have correctly shaped shields (or no shields) and pose no problem . . .
Read more at: The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
12-29-2020, 09:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Yes, the long aperture lever guard is the problem there. Don't try to force it on the camera, you'll break it. Remove the whole piece of metal and either leave it off (though that means dust can more easily get in, plus the aperture lever will have no protection) or cut the lever guard down and put it back on the lens.

I've cut down two of these on Vivitar lenses, it's not that hard.

Last edited by Jonathan Mac; 12-30-2020 at 10:16 AM.
12-29-2020, 10:40 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
or cut the lever down and put it back on the lens.
I am pretty sure you meant trim the guard? It may not be clear to some that it is the extent of the guard and not the height of it or the length of lever that causes the problem.
12-29-2020, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

as per this tokina sl28 28mm...

12-29-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Vivitar Series 1 70-210 old model had the same problem (i have the later model Series 1)
Look in this topic

Vivitar p/k lens not mounting on K-5 - PentaxForums.com

12-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sakura Quote
Vivitar Series 1 70-210 old model had the same problem (i have the later model Series 1)
Look in this topic

Vivitar p/k lens not mounting on K-5 - PentaxForums.com
Just for clarity, what do you mean by "old model"? Mark Roberts indicates zero compatibility issues for the first five versions of the six Series 1 70-210mm lenses. If there is an issue with the sixth, it was not noted in fwcetus' review of that lens on this site. I only own the quite compatible v2 (Tokina) and don't recall any reports of mounting issues with the other versions.

FWIW, the lens in the thread you referenced is not a Series 1 lens. It is the Viv 70-210/4.5.
Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 Macro Zoom Lenses - Mark Roberts Photography

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f.2.8-4 Version 6 APOCHROMATIC Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Steve
12-29-2020, 12:34 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Just for clarity, what do you mean by "old model"? Mark Roberts indicates zero compatibility issues for the first five versions of the six Series 1 70-210mm lenses. If there is an issue with the sixth, it was not noted in fwcetus' review of that lens on this site. I only own the quite compatible v2 (Tokina) and don't recall any reports of mounting issues with the other versions.

FWIW, the lens in the thread you referenced is not a Series 1 lens. It is the Viv 70-210/4.5.
Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 Macro Zoom Lenses - Mark Roberts Photography

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f.2.8-4 Version 6 APOCHROMATIC Lens Reviews - Vivitar Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Steve
I know it is not a Series 1 70-210 at the images i posted, but a good and visual example of the problem with a large guard.

I don't know the version number of the Series 1 70-210 who had the large guard, but i am absolutely certain there are versions of this lens with a larger guard. My brother owned one with the larger guard that wouldn't fit his Pentax camera without modifying, (i think he owned a K200 at that time)
12-29-2020, 01:33 PM   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sakura Quote
I don't know the version number of the Series 1 70-210 who had the large guard, but i am absolutely certain there are versions of this lens with a larger guard (my brother owned one with the larger guard that wouldn't fit his Pentax camera without modifying, i think he owned a K200 at that time)
It took some effort, but I did find a two reports for the v1 (Kiron), made from 1975 to 1981.
Vivitar Series 1 (Version 1 - Kiron 22xxxx) 70-210mm f/3.5 Mounting Issue - PentaxForums.com

https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-series-1-70-210mm-f-3-5-ver...?reviewid=7288
Other reviews for that version on KAF2 bodies have not mentioned a problem, so perhaps it is not that way on every copy of that version.

I came up hands empty for multiple other search strategies using Google.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 12-29-2020 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Update with more information
12-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am pretty sure you meant trim the guard? It may not be clear to some that it is the extent of the guard and not the height of it or the length of lever that causes the problem.
Yes, thanks, I've amended that now.

I had some photos online to show before and after but those b*stards at photobucket are holding me to ransom to even see them
01-02-2021, 01:31 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Never rely on some outsider to store your photos, do it yourself, and keep backup copies. With the price of USB storage so cheap, more than one backup is easy.
01-05-2021, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #13

Original Poster
Thanks to every one for your answers. I alredy trim the gard ans it fits.
01-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
b*stards at photobucket
Ah, good times!
Death of Photobucket? - PentaxForums.com