Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #1

AF Mode greyed out and non selectable

In the menus, my "AF MOde" is greyed out (and set to AF.A in green letters).

How do I get this back so I can select here?

01-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mjp29 Quote
In the menus, my "AF MOde" is greyed out (and set to AF.A in green letters).

How do I get this back so I can select here?
It sounds like your camera might be set to the green mode. Switch to P or one of the others and that setting should be unlocked.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-25-2021, 01:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It sounds like your camera might be set to the green mode. Switch to P or one of the others and that setting should be unlocked.
Thanks!

p.s. Just curious, why does it not become an option when camera is on "auto" mode on the dial?
01-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks!

p.s. Just curious, why does it not become an option when camera is on "auto" mode on the dial?
AUTO is a very basic mode. It is useful for beginners. Some more advanced features are disabled when using this mode, to prevent the user selecting an adjustment that they do not understand.

01-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks!

The green mode is meant to be a safe setting where the camera handles everything. P mode is the equivalent, but with advanced settings unlocked.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-25-2021, 07:13 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's a good mode for handing your camera off to someone who is intimidated by all the dials and buttons. They won't be able to change anything too drastically.