Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2021, 04:40 PM   #1

Guys, What K mount does this lens have? Please, I'm begginer

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I bought this lens: Auto Sears 135mm MC f2.8

I researched on the web about it, apparently is a K mount, but i want to be sure before buying a k-eos mount adapter for my canon 5d

Guys, if you recognize if this lens is K Mount, please let me know , Thanks a lot

>> sorry for my bad english >>

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ANE-LX3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ANE-LX3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ANE-LX3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ANE-LX3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ANE-LX3  Photo 
01-29-2021, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It looks like a K-mount lens to me. No A position for the aperture that I can see so I'm going to guess PK-M.
01-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

take a look at this article:

QuoteQuote:
The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount
Technical Information and a Little Bit of History
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Dec 29, 2014

Read more at: The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
01-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looks like K mount and I think these were made by Ricoh. Not sure I see the attraction of buying an old manual lens and adaptor when Canon make excellent native fit lenses but I guess we all have different interests. I bought my old manual focus K mount lenses when they were current stock decades ago and still have them and use them but I don't think I would seek them out now in preference to modern items.

01-29-2021, 06:11 PM   #5

Rather unusual aperture lever mechanism on that lens. And look at all the tiny ball-bearings. That's even worse than some Kiron/Kino lenses. A repair nightmare if you ever have to deal with all those bearings.
01-29-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Looks like a very cheap lens, badged for Sears, but f/2.8 at 135mm is impressive.
01-29-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The "Korea" label makes me think this is nothing to do with Ricoh. Probably Samyang? Probably not that great until stopped well down but that remains to be seen. Looks not so clean internally but these aren't great shots to really tell that. I would not purchase a k-mount adapter for your Canon if this is the only lens you plan to use with it. There's a lot of inexpensive & good k-mount glass out there though so some other lens might make it a worthy purchase.

If you do not already own this lens, if it was me, I would not purchase it.

01-29-2021, 09:10 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The lens is not Pentax-K. I think it may be Mamiya-Sekor Z, ES, or CS mount or similar and it not compatible.* There were Sears-branded Mamiya-Sekor cameras and they sold lenses to to fit the mount.

Steve

* Detail photos of all three are hard to find.

Last edited by stevebrot; 01-29-2021 at 09:36 PM.
01-29-2021, 09:36 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The lens is not Pentax-K. I think it may be Mamiya-Sekor Z or ES mount or similar and it not compatible. There were Sears-branded Mamiya-Sekor cameras and they sold lenses to to fit the mount.
If you have images to show that kind of mount for a ZE/ES mount I'd love to see them. Most of the info I see doesn't look at all like that. The ZE/Z/E mount should always have electronic connections and the former CS mount even without electronics has extra bits and no aperture lever - at least not a blade like that.

Here's a CS lens on Ebay:
VTG Mamiya Sekor CS 49 1:1.7 F= 50mm Auto Camera Lens + Case SS19 | eBay

And an E/ZE lens:
Mamiya Sekor E F3.5 28mm Mamiya ZE Mount Lens For SLR/Mirrorless Cameras | eBay

Note the notches and other differences.
01-29-2021, 09:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To me it looks like a K mount but I would stake any money on it. The bearings suggest that the aperture lever rotates a ring floating in the bearings but that could be fanciful thinking on my part. The slot in one of the pictures looks like the aperture follower that allows older lenses to sense the aperture ring position.

But I would need measurements of the parts and easier still a camera or adapter to mount it on to verify.

It doesn't look like it is anything special - but it could surprise me.
01-30-2021, 12:10 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it is definitely a 1980s Pentax K-mount. Here is the Focal lens mount and front lens (K-Mart product) gifted to me as a graduation gift in 1983 with my Pentax ME Super.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
01-30-2021, 02:13 AM   #12

This mount looks exactly like the one on my JCPenney 135mm 2.8 which I believe is a clone of your lens. Please, have a look at the pictures of the lens (particularly the third one where the mount is visible), if you wish you can read my review there as well:
JCPenney 135mm F2.8 Coated Optics Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

So yes, the lens you have has the Pentax K mount. If you need more info on that one, don't hesitate to send me a private message.
01-30-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 =PK, just an unusual design.

I have updated the relevent review pages, Sears/JCpenney as prev post and albinar:

Albinar 135mm F/2.8 ADG Coated Optics Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
01-30-2021, 02:36 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The lens is not Pentax-K. I think it may be Mamiya-Sekor Z, ES, or CS mount or similar and it not compatible.* There were Sears-branded Mamiya-Sekor cameras and they sold lenses to to fit the mount.

Steve

* Detail photos of all three are hard to find.
No, sorry, most certainly K-mount and not Mamiya-Sekor. If I take the OP's photo and overlay it at the same scale with a known K-mount image they align perfectly.

Bayonet, aperture lever and even mount lock indent aligns exactly.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D810  Photo 

Last edited by MarkJerling; 01-30-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Info added.
01-30-2021, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #15

Original Poster
Guys, really, Thank you very much

Thank you, i decided to buy K mount, this cost almost 25 USD, a little bite. If the results are bad, i could acquire a better K lens on future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I was surprised with your knowledge.