Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K5ii won't work in TTL with Godox V1/Flashpoint R2

Hello,

I was just testing out my new Godox V1/Flashpoint R2 flash. It works great on my KP and K10d, but it won't fire in TTL on my K5ii. I can't figure out why. I attached a FGZ 360 to the K5ii, and it worked, so it's not the camera. The V1/R2 also works in manual mode on the K5ii.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,

Kyle

Last edited by bestcoast; 02-09-2021 at 10:15 AM.
02-09-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hey Kyle.
I'm not home at the moment, but I'll write myself a note to see if I can test this combination out when I get home.

I have an AD200, and I have both a KP and a K5iis. I'll see if I can replicate the situation.
-Dan
02-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
hey Kyle.
I'm not home at the moment, but I'll write myself a note to see if I can test this combination out when I get home.

I have an AD200, and I have both a KP and a K5iis. I'll see if I can replicate the situation.
-Dan
Hi Dan. That'd be awesome! Thank you.
02-09-2021, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bestcoast Quote
Hi Dan. That'd be awesome! Thank you.
Okay, so what exposure mode are you using on the camera?
and what trigger?

Hmmm. Also one thing I've noticed, if I don't push the trigger in all the way (on the hotshoe) sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be quite right.. but in my testing just now, I can't get it to *not* fire in TTL.
But I love problem solving so fill in a couple of the details above and I'll see if I can help you figure this out.

---------- Post added 02-09-2021 at 10:09 PM ----------

It does seem that when I put it in HSS mode, then changing the flash exposure compensation on the trigger doesn't seem to do anything. It's in HSS mode and that's it. (I have the X-Pro trigger for Pentax ([URL=https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2propn.html?[/URL])

02-10-2021, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Check that the Godox units have the latest firmware. They've fixed a few bugs in the various models and generally done a good job of improving performance.
Godox site:
GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download
Flashpoint:
https://www.adorama.com/g/flashpoint-firmware-updates?
02-10-2021, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Check that the Godox units have the latest firmware. They've fixed a few bugs in the various models and generally done a good job of improving performance.
Godox site:
GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download
Flashpoint:
https://www.adorama.com/g/flashpoint-firmware-updates?
Thank you! I will do that.

---------- Post added 02-10-21 at 05:02 PM ----------

and what trigger?

Hmmm. Also one thing I've noticed, if I don't push the trigger in all the way (on the hotshoe) sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be quite right.. but in my testing just now, I can't get it to *not* fire in TTL.
But I love problem solving so fill in a couple of the details above and I'll see if I can help you figure this out.

It does seem that when I put it in HSS mode, then changing the flash exposure compensation on the trigger doesn't seem to do anything. It's in HSS mode and that's it. (I have the X-Pro trigger for Pentax ([URL=https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2propn.html?[/URL])
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL On-Camera Round Flash Speedlight For Pentax (Godox V1) mounted on the K5ii.

---------- Post added 02-10-21 at 05:02 PM ----------

and what trigger?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL On-Camera Round Flash Speedlight For Pentax (Godox V1) mounted on the K5ii.