Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2021, 10:08 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bestcoast's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 49
K5ii won't work in TTL with Godox V1/Flashpoint R2

Hello,

I was just testing out my new Godox V1/Flashpoint R2 flash. It works great on my KP and K10d, but it won't fire in TTL on my K5ii. I can't figure out why. I attached a FGZ 360 to the K5ii, and it worked, so it's not the camera. The V1/R2 also works in manual mode on the K5ii.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks,

Kyle


Last edited by bestcoast; 02-09-2021 at 10:15 AM.
02-09-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
khardur's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,557
hey Kyle.
I'm not home at the moment, but I'll write myself a note to see if I can test this combination out when I get home.

I have an AD200, and I have both a KP and a K5iis. I'll see if I can replicate the situation.
-Dan
02-09-2021, 10:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bestcoast's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 49
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
hey Kyle.
I'm not home at the moment, but I'll write myself a note to see if I can test this combination out when I get home.

I have an AD200, and I have both a KP and a K5iis. I'll see if I can replicate the situation.
-Dan
Hi Dan. That'd be awesome! Thank you.
02-09-2021, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
khardur's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,557
QuoteOriginally posted by bestcoast Quote
Hi Dan. That'd be awesome! Thank you.
Okay, so what exposure mode are you using on the camera?
and what trigger?

Hmmm. Also one thing I've noticed, if I don't push the trigger in all the way (on the hotshoe) sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be quite right.. but in my testing just now, I can't get it to *not* fire in TTL.
But I love problem solving so fill in a couple of the details above and I'll see if I can help you figure this out.

---------- Post added 02-09-2021 at 10:09 PM ----------

It does seem that when I put it in HSS mode, then changing the flash exposure compensation on the trigger doesn't seem to do anything. It's in HSS mode and that's it. (I have the X-Pro trigger for Pentax ([URL=https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2propn.html?[/URL])

02-10-2021, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,250
Check that the Godox units have the latest firmware. They've fixed a few bugs in the various models and generally done a good job of improving performance.
Godox site:
GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download
Flashpoint:
https://www.adorama.com/g/flashpoint-firmware-updates?
02-10-2021, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bestcoast's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 49
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
Check that the Godox units have the latest firmware. They've fixed a few bugs in the various models and generally done a good job of improving performance.
Godox site:
GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download
Flashpoint:
https://www.adorama.com/g/flashpoint-firmware-updates?
Thank you! I will do that.

---------- Post added 02-10-21 at 05:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Okay, so what exposure mode are you using on the camera?
and what trigger?

Hmmm. Also one thing I've noticed, if I don't push the trigger in all the way (on the hotshoe) sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be quite right.. but in my testing just now, I can't get it to *not* fire in TTL.
But I love problem solving so fill in a couple of the details above and I'll see if I can help you figure this out.

---------- Post added 02-09-2021 at 10:09 PM ----------

It does seem that when I put it in HSS mode, then changing the flash exposure compensation on the trigger doesn't seem to do anything. It's in HSS mode and that's it. (I have the X-Pro trigger for Pentax ([URL=https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2propn.html?[/URL])
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL On-Camera Round Flash Speedlight For Pentax (Godox V1) mounted on the K5ii.

---------- Post added 02-10-21 at 05:02 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Okay, so what exposure mode are you using on the camera?
and what trigger?

Hmmm. Also one thing I've noticed, if I don't push the trigger in all the way (on the hotshoe) sometimes the connection doesn't seem to be quite right.. but in my testing just now, I can't get it to *not* fire in TTL.
But I love problem solving so fill in a couple of the details above and I'll see if I can help you figure this out.

---------- Post added 02-09-2021 at 10:09 PM ----------

It does seem that when I put it in HSS mode, then changing the flash exposure compensation on the trigger doesn't seem to do anything. It's in HSS mode and that's it. (I have the X-Pro trigger for Pentax ([URL=https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2propn.html?[/URL])
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm using the Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL On-Camera Round Flash Speedlight For Pentax (Godox V1) mounted on the K5ii.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, exposure, flash, godox, hss, k5ii, mode, pentax, pentax help, photography, pm, post, r2, trigger, troubleshooting, ttl, ttl with godox
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flashpoint Zoom Li-on X R2 TTL Round Flash Speedlight For Pentax (V1) mom2mny Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 22 02-09-2021 06:08 PM
Godox V1/Flashpoint R2 at Adorama $140 off gatorguy Pentax Price Watch 9 12-07-2020 02:09 AM
Godox XT2-P transmitter (aka Flashpoint R2 Mark II) inkista Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 12 09-19-2019 08:00 PM
Flashpoint R2 Trigger (Pentax) Work with Flashpoint R2 Flash (Nikon)? Colorado CJ Flashes, Lighting, and Studio 6 09-18-2019 07:11 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top