Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2021, 01:58 AM   #1
Forum Member

Focus Screen

Just wondering because I have a couple of spare focus screens for my MX, might they fit into a K3?
Tim

02-16-2021, 04:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Unfortunately, they are way too big. You can cut or grind them down to size. There is a thread about it here somewhere. It is not for the faint of heart from what I have seen.

The tricky part is to have a tab so that you fit it the right way up every time. There might be issues with the thickness as well.

If you fit a split image screen, you will find that spot metering no longer works.
02-16-2021, 06:52 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Unfortunately, they are way too big. You can cut or grind them down to size. There is a thread about it here somewhere. It is not for the faint of heart from what I have seen.

The tricky part is to have a tab so that you fit it the right way up every time. There might be issues with the thickness as well.

If you fit a split image screen, you will find that spot metering no longer works.
Thanks, that will save me a trip into the loft. Been trying to clean my K3 focus screen but have a tiny little hair on the bottom right that I can't remove. Perhaps it might be on the prism, the sensor is clean as a whistle tho.

Tim
02-16-2021, 10:21 AM   #4

If the hair is visible in the viewfinder it is probably between the focus screen and the prism. You just have to hunt around in there with a light to find it and remove it with tweezers or one of those sticky sensor picks. Keep in mind the axes are reversed in the viewfinder so something in the upper right will be away from the lens opening on the left.