Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K-1 II Stuck in movie mode.

Hi all,
I went to use my K1 II today and it goes directly into Movie mode and won't come out. It has been sitting for a few days, and the last time I used it I was playing about with some 30 second exposures (aperture priority) and a pinhole lens. I've changed batteries, sim cards, tried to do a reset but without any effect.
It seems to work OK in movie mode but I never use it for that, strictly stills. Oh yeah, I've had the camera for about one year and two months.
Any ideas? Am I off to the post office tomorrow?

Derek

02-28-2021, 09:17 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is the video/stills switch broken?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2021, 09:29 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the video/stills switch broken?
Boy, is my face red.

I'd completely overlooked that dang switch. (I did mention that I never shoot video.) Everything is fine.

Thanks Adam!
02-28-2021, 10:22 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hey, better you find out that way than when you're out in the field and can't figure what's going on like I did when I first had my K-1 (and that the least of my dumbness)

Maybe your K-1 is trying to tell you something and that will inspire you find a whole new world in video?? Anyway, glad you solved your issue.

03-01-2021, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same happened to me before. I had to think for quite a while to remember where that switch is. So far, I have not taken any video with my K-1, and it's been with me since it came out.
03-01-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
lol, I think my K-1's telling me to take a greater interest in large format!
03-01-2021, 08:03 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

I've done that accidentally taking the camera out of the bag and had to go back to the manuals to figure out how to undue it. If you don't use video, you don't even know where to look for the switch.

Last edited by normhead; 03-01-2021 at 09:39 AM.
03-01-2021, 10:24 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did that too! Spent ages scratching my head wondering what I’d done.
Was pleased to put all that motion picture tomfoolery behind me when I finally sussed it out!