Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2021, 05:02 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post-Repair AF Weirdness in K-1

All,

I just got my K-1 back from a shutter replacement, top cover replacement, and general cleaning, from Precision Camera. I put my DFA 28-105 on the camera, and it only seems to be auto-focusing about 1/2 the time or less. The rest of the time, there's an internal noise like I hear sometimes when I have it set to manual and press the release button halfway - a slight whir, then the AF dots inside the viewfinder go small halfway and nothing happens. I have it set to release anyway, and if I take a photo, it's definitely out of focus.

If I turn the camera off, remove the battery, and try again, the issue does not resolve.

Am I missing a setting someplace? Something else wrong?

ED: So, the AF does seem to work every time...but it's extremely slow to react on some occasions using both my DFA 28-105 and my Tamron 70-200 A001.

Last edited by jawats; 03-04-2021 at 06:20 PM.
03-04-2021, 05:19 PM - 2 Likes   #2

Send it back. Precision has a warranty on repairs.
03-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
...it's extremely slow to react on some occasions using both my DFA 28-105 and my Tamron 70-200 A001
You've ruled out a lens problem. Send the camera back because it seems like the repair was not completed properly.
03-06-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
You've ruled out a lens problem. Send the camera back because it seems like the repair was not completed properly.
I suspect that is the case. I've been testing it out with my 70-200 Tamron today. Sometimes, it's fine. At other times, there's a whir-click like it's in manual focus, and then nothing happens. No shutter release, no focus - just a whir.

---------- Post added 03-06-21 at 11:53 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Send it back. Precision has a warranty on repairs.
Yes - sadly, I think I will have to send it back.