Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2021, 01:34 AM   #1

K-70 in astrotracker mode, O-GPS1 and the remote trigger O-RC1

This is a somewhat of a complicated question.
I have a K-70 and have started out taking asto pictures. I have the GPS unit installed, calibrated and working Ok, the camera in Asto mode (User 3). If I use the Shutter release button, Asto mode works as per description on the monitor, so if I have an exposure set for 1 minute I get a 1 minute exposure. However if I use the O-RC1 remote trigger the exposure seems restricted to 30secs. Last night I sat in my back garden using the Shutter Release and O-RC1 alternately without changing any other camera settings and confirmed that this is the case. Looking through the k-70 user manual and the various 'Restriction' tables I can't find any reference to the O-RC1 and Astrotracker feature.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? If you have did you find a solution\reason for the problem?

Obviously there are other workarounds and other remote triggers which I'm happy to explore on my own so I'm not really looking for a long list of recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

04-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Are you sure you have not change exposure mode? It is only in Bulb mode that longer shutter speed than 30s can be used.
04-09-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
bkb

Original Poster
Absolutely sure - only thing different was what I used to actuate the shutter - the remote of the shutter release.
04-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Though not directly solving the issue, a work around could be to set the custom menu so that click one is shutter open and click 2 is shutter close when in B mode? (much less convenient of course). Also try posting in the astrophotography group, there's quite a few K-70 users there.