Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, WB, Brightness, etc Buttons Not Working

I was out doing some moon pictures last night, and noticed that after I switched from timed to single shot, using the button above the OK button on my K-1, suddenly I couldnít shift out of that mode any longer using the shortcut. In fact, in viewfinder mode, none of the buttons around the OK button, and the OK button itself, are working. When I do live view, I can change my shot and my white balance etc., but when I do the viewfinder, all those buttons are acting as if they are disabled. When I go into the menus to adjust anything, it works just fine. This feels like a software issue, but I cannot tell why it would suddenly start happening. Iíve taken the batteries out for a moment and also used the reset option in the menu. Any ideas?

04-23-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
I was out doing some moon pictures last night, and noticed that after I switched from timed to single shot, using the button above the OK button on my K-1, suddenly I couldnít shift out of that mode any longer using the shortcut. In fact, in viewfinder mode, none of the buttons around the OK button, and the OK button itself, are working. When I do live view, I can change my shot and my white balance etc., but when I do the viewfinder, all those buttons are acting as if they are disabled. When I go into the menus to adjust anything, it works just fine. This feels like a software issue, but I cannot tell why it would suddenly start happening. Iíve taken the batteries out for a moment and also used the reset option in the menu. Any ideas?
Also happened to me once but could never figure out why hasnt happened since
04-23-2021, 04:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kwong Quote
Also happened to me once but could never figure out why hasnt happened since
Did yours start working normally again after awhile?
04-23-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hit the function button above the 4 way controller, it toggles between different info screens. My K1 MKII is set to have the 4 way controller options in one info screen and af point selection in the other

04-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Hit the function button above the 4 way controller, it toggles between different info screens. My K1 MKII is set to have the 4 way controller options in one info screen and af point selection in the other
Learned something new. Didn't know one could do that.
04-23-2021, 06:08 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Did yours start working normally again after awhile?
yes and never happened again
04-23-2021, 06:35 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The toggle worked, but as soon as I made a selection, the AF point selection came back and the function options vanished. Iíd love if they stayed so I didnít have to hit the function to bring them up each time. Is there a way to make the functions the default?

---------- Post added 04-23-21 at 06:37 PM ----------

Oh, and thank you for the help! I omitted that in my prior reply.

04-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DWS1 Quote
Learned something new. Didn't know one could do that.
It took me a year to figure that one out, donít feel too embarrassed
04-24-2021, 05:30 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's the C20 type 2 setting to have AF default and the you press the function button above to use the other functions. Really handy, since you want af most of the time and the other functions are locked out.
04-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The toggle worked, but as soon as I made a selection, the AF point selection came back and the function options vanished. Iíd love if they stayed so I didnít have to hit the function to bring them up each time. Is there a way to make the functions the default?

---------- Post added 04-23-21 at 06:37 PM ----------

Oh, and thank you for the help! I omitted that in my prior reply.

Remove AF Active area from select and the four-way controller will work as it was before
04-25-2021, 05:01 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Youíre right

It would be preferable to have it go back to the selection screen, but .... it doesnít

However there are risks in both options, I have found myself failing to get focus only to discover that I have advertantly moved the focus point by accidental use contact of the 4 way controller, probably during review of past images, but I have also had the converse of accidentally changing the color options in JPEG, or WB on my K5 and K1 when it is set on the normal 4way controller settings.