Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2021, 11:46 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would not remove it very often just in case the "spring" is getting weak. If you normally load with a card reader start using a cable.

04-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

The card in my K5D gets removed and replaced every couple of shots and the feel is exactly like any other Pentax I have. I post a lot of pictures on other forums and it is easier to put the card in the pc rather than connect a cable. The card gets formatted every time and so far that has not caused any problems, either.
I would try the card which you used to have in the camera, if it fits ok, then the new one must be wrong dimentionally.
04-27-2021, 04:34 PM   #18
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
went to see Phototronic here in town today about the camera and the sd card

Camera Repair - phototronic.biz

he did say that I did the right thing and didn't try to pry out the card while it was stuck

he took a look at SD card, it was normal

looked at the SD slot, used a flashlight, put another sd card in and then the sd card which had caused the problem in

no problems at all

I kinda felt like when I go to the mechanic and say it's making a funny noise

and the vehicle doesn't

so I will keep using it and try not to screw it up again

we did talk a little about the new K 3 III so it wasn't a wasted trip
04-27-2021, 06:57 PM   #19

Looking at the datasheets for the push-in, push-out type card sockets on digikey the ones that list the reliability rating say the slots are good for 10,000 cycles. If you took a card out and inserted again twice a day every day he socket should be good for about 13 years and 8 months.

One sheet noted the 10,000 cycles was based on testing at 400 to 600 cycles per hour.

04-27-2021, 07:39 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Looking at the datasheets for the push-in, push-out type card sockets on digikey the ones that list the reliability rating say the slots are good for 10,000 cycles. If you took a card out and inserted again twice a day every day he socket should be good for about 13 years and 8 months.

One sheet noted the 10,000 cycles was based on testing at 400 to 600 cycles per hour.
So, basically, the failure was due to thermal fatigue...

Kirk B.