Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #16
5ks
Pentaxian

It's always a relief to find the explanation. Next time you know how to avoid it. And we others too.

05-08-2021, 11:10 AM   #17

It is certainly easy to try another SD card.
I acquired an *istD on which shots previewed perfectly on-camera, but when I connected the CF card to my computer, files were unreadable. Some just gibberish names. Some had a .BPG extension. None could be opened.
I had other CF cards and tried one. No more file problems!
Memory cards can go bad with unpredictable results.

Being curious, I Googled ".BPG file format" and found that some guy in 2004 created this file format as a replacement for the .JPG (JPEG) format, for "improved" whatever. No evidence it ever got adopted.
Strange that the *istD was creating them!
05-10-2021, 11:57 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jaq1967 Quote
Seems i accidentally hit multiple exposure and the card happens to be defective so will get in touch with SanDisk. Thanks for your help. 👍
I've never been one to play the lottery, but I think I'd buy a ticket after having that sort of bad luck. Just think about the odds of having both issues pop up at the same time!