Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
05-18-2021, 02:50 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is a really good lens, and worth the price of a new one. Speaking of AF, normally its AF performance is fast, silent, and sure. Above average among Pentax lenses.

05-18-2021, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by HeavyCorPhotography Quote
good news is, I looked back through his listing that I had saved, and he does have a 30 day no question return policy. So I've contacted him to get it sent it back. Sucks that it didn't work out because I was really excited for this lens, but at least the seller is accepting returns.
If I'd buy a lens with an inbuilt motor, I would ONLY buy it new!
Also the DC-motor does fail much more rarely than the bloody SDM-Pentax-motor it can fail.
So does the socalled SDM-motor of the Tamron made 18-270! I know a person which had one and after a few years the motor zoomed very very slow.
05-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikesbike Quote
It is a really good lens, and worth the price of a new one. Speaking of AF, normally its AF performance is fast, silent, and sure. Above average among Pentax lenses.
Yeah. Once I get my refund, I'm just gonna pay the price for a new one instead of gamble with a used lens again.