Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2021, 04:11 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gutta Perka Quote
Cameras are not religion.
Nikon and Tamron are also doing well.
Owning Pentaxis, Nikons and Tamrons etc gives You space.

Or?
If you can afford that kind of space, and have the space to store all of it, and don't mind carrying a lot of gear, go for it! Everything has its own advantages.

05-17-2021, 04:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikon has similar wording
05-17-2021, 07:03 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxnewbie1991 Quote
hello fellow pentaxians

I was going through my kp's manual and it says that faults caused by third party lenses makes the warranty void. Is this true ? Do third party lenses causes so many issues that they had to officially post it in their manuals ? How often does it happen ? Or is it just a precautionary measure ?

My head is reeling for I did not want to be shackled by the choice of lenses
I wouldn't worry about that. Over the years I have accumulated and still use numerous 3rd party AF lenses for my Pentax bodies, both digital and film. No problems yet. I have two KP bodies. It is a wonderful camera. I have read of a very few 3rd party lenses having some kind of rear protrusion, or some other feature making them unsuitable for use on Pentax bodies, but these are very few indeed. As others have stated, a few more of the ancient MF classic 3rd party offerings might pose a problem. But with Canon, for example, their entire ancient line and 3rd party MF lenses from the time period are not functional with their more modern AF cameras anyway. Pentax has a huge field of legacy lenses that can still be used on modern DSLR bodies, but with functional limitations, and many of these are quite inexpensive yet capable of very high image quality.
05-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gutta Perka Quote
Nikon and Tamron are also doing well.

Are they?

Nikon: again abysmal sales and forecasting to shrink in a growing market - PentaxForums.com

I think the D500 has been discontinued.

All those new Nikon lenses - you cannot use them on your DSLR, GP!

05-18-2021, 04:08 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Thanks, Steve. Funny thing is that in the "official" text of the warranty itself this is not mentioned and not summed up under the exclusions. But this is in Europe and here the rule is that Ricoh has to proof that malfunctioning or damage was a result of using a not Ricoh/Pentax branded lens or accessory. Although it makes sense that a third party must develop their lenses to fit perfectly on a camera body. If they do not, they must be held responsible. I have found that from K-7 onwards this or a similar text was used in the manuals, so it is nothing new. Thanks again for your valued input.