Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
06-15-2021, 09:52 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JRTom Quote
My question is , if I purchase any more screw focus lenses in the future is it common that they should all have the focus adjustment calibrated or is it just some particular lenses
Whether a lens has a motor in it or not doesn't affect calibration, JRT!

It is the natural variation in the individual alignments of the elements inside the lens and of the AF module in your camera.

If you handed me a +3 lens you owned it might be just +1 for me, etc, etc.

06-16-2021, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Only some models, Mitch.

Pentax have offered it on all, just like Shake Reduction.

And, for instance, only some Nikons have screwdrive. Put an old lens on them, it's now manual focus!
Ah, yes. I often forget that Canon and Nikon release cameras at the price point of the K-x0 series but with a much smaller feature set.
06-20-2021, 11:49 PM   #18
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do you fine tune the AF adjustment?