Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2021, 01:41 PM   #1

Pentax ME Super Winder stuck after each wind. Only winds if I help it

Hi!

My dad gave me his Pentas ME super and while loading the film i noticed that the shutter wasn't working. So I searched the internet and came across multiple fixes, but none of them worked for me. After that I decided to unscrew the bottom en check the levers and so. After a couple times of trying everything works, but I now need to help the winding mechanism to start. I don't know if I put back something wrong, at least not that I'm aware of.

The lever that is hanging around the winder is resting on it so I cant turn the winder, it looks like this:

Second picture is when I flip it of the winder so the winder can turn.

Has anybody any idea what I did wrong putting it back or how to resolve it?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 8  Photo 
06-15-2021, 07:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

maybe debris is preventing the movement there or elsewhere along the chain.....take a rocket blower to it and a small amount of rosonol (lighter fluid)
06-16-2021, 01:28 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would advise after cleaning with lighter fluid, that you replace the lubricant: application of a light machine oil should be sufficient. I had this exact problem with my ME super a few months ago and this mechanism does require serious CLA when it starts to jam. Fair warning: Some disassembly will be required depending on exactly what is causing the jam.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-16-2021 at 01:36 AM.
06-16-2021, 03:34 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I would advise after cleaning with lighter fluid, that you replace the lubricant: application of a light machine oil should be sufficient. I had this exact problem with my ME super a few months ago and this mechanism does require serious CLA when it starts to jam. Fair warning: Some disassembly will be required depending on exactly what is causing the jam.
Sadly it didn't work, it also looks like it can move pretty good, because I just have to lift it to rotate but it keeps falling back into the winder to block it. Why is it there in te first place? Maybe i can just tape it so it doesnt fall back anymore

06-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also had shutter not working problem. It is an electronic operated shutter and had to have it repaired. Works great now.