Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-20-2021, 01:53 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Here's the thread about the USB-Charger:
New Ricoh Charger - PentaxForums.com

Pentax K-BC177 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Pentax D-BC177 reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

06-20-2021, 06:54 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

not available in Australia?

there is nothing in-there?
06-21-2021, 01:40 AM   #18
Pentaxian

No owner shared his experience yet...
06-21-2021, 03:22 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been using a newmowa dual battery charger, and batteries for a while now on my K5 and K1 MKII, after using a similar product for my daughters K50 for a couple of years.

What I do notice, is that when doing software upgrades my K1MKII will only run the upgrades with the original battery that came with my K1, even my older Pentax batteries, report up insufficient charge to update the camera.

I have a 4 port 2 amp per port, USB charger that acts as a single charger system for all my electronics when I travel, this covers cell phones, gps, garmin watches, I pad and batteries, plus a 10,000maHour power pack

06-21-2021, 07:27 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

that is odd.

I have large number of batteries , most Pentax but some hähnel ( Wow , I just learned how to type umlaut on Mac , cool ) and they are up to 11 years old.
None of them is misbehaving while doing firmware update on K-1' or K-3' etc.
06-24-2021, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
Well, I got the Pentax USB charger. It seems to work fine, so far. I've only used it to charge my Pentax battery and one of my non-Pentax batteries. Both seemed to charge just fine. This will be my standard charger as I already have a USB charger hub (I call it the spider because of how many USB ports it has) that I use to charge all sorts of stuff when on travel (which is when I will most likely need a battery charged). I'll keep folks up to date if anything doesn't work.
06-30-2021, 11:02 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ordered USB-C transformer/charger from B&H

They both arrived rather fast.
All gear OK but packaging and Pentax cardboard box badly damaged.

I purchased number of items from B&H in the past and never had problem with poor packaging.
USB-C transformer and charger are performing well.
I can use the charger with my USBC/ThunderBolt Power Supplis / transformers / hubs / Mac Power supplies , even my LG LCD monitor has ThunderBolt port.
I also can use Pentax USB-C transformer to power my MacBook Pros + lot of other peripherals.
So all that new arrangements make a lot of sense , very flexible + very convenient while traveling.
Well , Pentax is following the progress.....

Now , I will have to try the direct USB-C charging in the camera.

Last edited by i_trax; 07-20-2021 at 09:52 AM.
07-10-2021, 08:02 PM   #23

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Now , I will have to try the direct USB-C charging in the camera.
Just don't do what I did. I plugged in the USB-C connector to my camera, and then forgot I had it plugged in. I tried to carry off the camera and when the cable disconnected, I think I may have damaged the USR-C connector on the camera. Stupid me.
07-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good point

QuoteOriginally posted by dmach47 Quote
Just don't do what I did. I plugged in the USB-C connector to my camera, and then forgot I had it plugged in. I tried to carry off the camera and when the cable disconnected, I think I may have damaged the USR-C connector on the camera. Stupid me.
oh dear, I have to remember that as my Pentax DSLR's are never hardwired to anything , I always use SD card reader or one build-in into my Mac.

I am still disappointed that such a "must have" product still not available in Australia

Hint for AU Pentaxians:

The Power supply is a "switched mode" so accepts any input 110-240V ( OK in Australia ),
it comes with detachable power cord so any standard figure 8 power cord with Australian plug will work.
07-11-2021, 02:10 AM   #25
Pentaxian

I am still disappointed that such a "must have" product still not available in Australia
Which product do you mean?
I don't believe there's a current product which can't be aquired from an Australian residence.
07-11-2021, 02:44 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hmmm

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Which product do you mean?
I don't believe there's a current product which can't be aquired from an Australian residence.

Sorry , I do not understand your question / comment?

This thread is about the Pentax USB-C charger.
07-11-2021, 11:40 AM   #27
Pentaxian

You can order it from the US sellers:
Pentax K-BC177U Rapid Battery Charger Kit for D-LI90 Batteries - 37874 | eBay
07-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
yes , but expensive postage , expensive duty/taxes , US power plug + no Australian Warranty.
I ordered one from B&H but anyway it should be available in Australia with Australian warranty.
07-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #29
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dmach47 Quote
I've done that with wired remotes on my K-3, but with no damage done. I expect you won't be alone in have that happen with the K-3iii.

Steve
07-20-2021, 07:54 AM   #30

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I've done that with wired remotes on my K-3, but with no damage done. I expect you won't be alone in have that happen with the K-3iii.
Now when I connect the USB to download pictures, I get intermittent failures of the transfer. So I just take out the memory cards and download that way.

Again, stupid me. I'm good at taking brand new things and right away mucking them up a bit.