Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2021, 05:46 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
Yesterday i was shooting with k3 iii for a couple hours . outside was around 90 degrees . i took around 400 shots , half of them thru live view .
camera start overheating after one hour , on screen pop up the icon of overheating , and the message too. i went back to the car . turn AC on , put the new battery , wait around 30 min , and start shooting . after a hour I get the same issue . i repeat the same steps , went back to shoot , in one hour camera start overheating again .( the whole body was hot ) . IS ANY ONE HAVE EXPERIENCE THE SAME PROBLEM ???
It's an electronic device, Nixxo, look after it.

Even in the car, don't leave it on the seat with the sun coming through the windscreen. I've had my phone turn off because of that. That's Australia, for you!

08-03-2021, 05:57 PM - 1 Like   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
It's an electronic device, Nixxo, look after it.

Even in the car, don't leave it on the seat with the sun coming through the windscreen. I've had my phone turn off because of that. That's Australia, for you!
i don't know how K3 III will react in Australia , but yesterday in Los Angeles was around 85 , as soon i switch to live view camera overheated again in 10 min ::)))
08-03-2021, 06:44 PM   #48
Veteran Member

i don't know how K3 III will react in Australia , but yesterday in Los Angeles was around 85 , as soon i switch to live view camera overheated again in 10 min ::)))
You mean you were using live view for 10 minutes straight outside in 85į temps?
08-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
camera was in shade , live view was on i was composing the image , it was less than 10 min .

Not a good look.. - PentaxForums.com

i upload the photo in other post.

08-03-2021, 06:59 PM   #50
Veteran Member

camera was in shade , live view was on i was composing the image , it was less than 10 min .

Not a good look.. - PentaxForums.com

i upload the photo in other post.
As I wrote in the other thread, it really seems like something is wrong with your camera. I would send it in to Ricoh for examination. Iíve had mine out in much hotter conditions for hours, never turning it off (except to change lenses), occasional live view, no shade, Bluetooth on constantly for geotagging and never had it overheat. Either you are omitting some information about how you are using the camera or your individual camera has a manufacturing flaw.
08-03-2021, 07:12 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
As I wrote in the other thread, it really seems like something is wrong with your camera. I would send it in to Ricoh for examination. Iíve had mine out in much hotter conditions for hours, never turning it off (except to change lenses), occasional live view, no shade, Bluetooth on constantly for geotagging and never had it overheat. Either you are omitting some information about how you are using the camera or your individual camera has a manufacturing flaw.
" Either you are omitting some information about how you are using the camera" - well we can trade our k3 iii .......... ))
08-03-2021, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
I think people are far too quick to assume the former and not admit the possibility of the latter. A simple issue like a faulty temperature sensor could be the problem. And yes the origin could also be in unusual use. But ten mins live view - even continuous - doesnít seem like a rational point where issues would arise.

08-04-2021, 07:24 AM - 2 Likes   #53
Loyal Site Supporter

" Either you are omitting some information about how you are using the camera" - well we can trade our k3 iii .......... ))
Well you can.
So far I've not read about any issues with the camera beyond the individual issue you are having.
If you aren't sure about it, return it for replacement if you still can or send it to the repair shop to be checked over.
08-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #54
Veteran Member

if's and Buts

I've been reading alot of if's and buts about this KP if its getting hot, return it before you fry it. Cameras aren't suppose to over heat 200 shots in an hour is only 4 shots a minute a shot every 16 seconds. I imagine so put it in it could be somthing getting hot expanding and causing a short or somthing but they better take you with your camera as I cannot see a tech guy standing there taking 400 shots in a couple of hours their finger would probably fall off get it checked if you feel it's waranted. I had a problem with mine not over heating but over exposing and they couldn't fault it it was a k511 and sent it back and later I found I had confused the camera using a 2x converter and reverting back to no converter because the lens was the same spec it confused my camera I have it working well now but I had to get a new camera the same to get good exposurers all the time now you can keep guessing but get it checked out first. then if they say its ok you can get serious about what is going on with it. As long as the fault question hangs over the camera you can't move on.