Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2021, 11:54 PM   #31
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by othar Quote
You can find informations about the different bellows here:
Bellows, Extension Tubes, Etc. (Genuine Pentax) - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Auto bellows M:
PENTAX Auto Bellows M and Slide Copier M reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

bellows unit K:
PENTAX Bellows Unit K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

There is also a auto bellows K version: according to the reviews it offers some minor differences to the auto bellows M version, but I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact differences
Yea, I'm either getting the Auto bellows M, Bellows unit K, or auto bellows k. Not interested in any m42 or slide copying abilities. The M and K look to be about the same. I wander how the "auto bellows k" is different than the "bellows unit K" - ?

Regards,

Michael

08-02-2021, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Yea, I'm either getting the Auto bellows M, Bellows unit K, or auto bellows k. Not interested in any m42 or slide copying abilities. The M and K look to be about the same. I wander how the "auto bellows k" is different than the "bellows unit K" - ?

Regards,

Michael
Speculation only based on images and knowledge of the m42 versions:

The auto - k version likely is made for use with the double cable release that worked on film cameras to fire the shutter and close the lens aperture at the time of exposure.
08-02-2021, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Regards,

Michael
I believe the auto bellows allows for a dual cable release to stop the lens down while the bellows K does not. It's not really a big deal now as you can't use a standard cable release on Pentax DSLRs.
08-02-2021, 03:37 PM - 2 Likes   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You can fit a K-mount DSLR on a 645 Auto Bellows with a '645 to K' adapter too. then you need only one 645 lens (typically an A 75 mm f/2,8 or A 120 mm f/4 MACRO) in the front of the bellows. A 75 mm : 250 $.

You close the diaphragm with a cable release on the bellows' front standard with one hand and you release the shutter with your other hand. I found this bellows on eBay Japan for 200 U.S. $.

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 08-02-2021 at 03:47 PM.
08-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #35
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I believe the auto bellows allows for a dual cable release to stop the lens down while the bellows K does not. It's not really a big deal now as you can't use a standard cable release on Pentax DSLRs.
okey dokey. Sounds like it really doesn't matter if I get the Auto bellows M, Bellows unit K, or auto bellows k. I'll just shoot for getting one in good shape and at the best price...
08-02-2021, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

okey dokey. Sounds like it really doesn't matter if I get the Auto bellows M, Bellows unit K, or auto bellows k. I'll just shoot for getting one in good shape and at the best price...
Go for good shape, even if it costs somewhat more.
10-20-2021, 05:52 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is there any consensus in the Pentaxian community as to what may be the best one or two K-mount macro lenses, whether auto-focus or manual-focus-only?

10-20-2021, 09:54 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cometguy Quote
Is there any consensus in the Pentaxian community as to what may be the best one or two K-mount macro lenses, whether auto-focus or manual-focus-only?
Consensus??? On The Internet???? Never gonna happen.

Candidates:

FA 200 macro

Tokina at-x 90mm macro “bokina”

all f/fa/DFA 50 and 100 f2.8 Macro lenses
10-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Consensus??? On The Internet???? Never gonna happen.

Candidates:

FA 200 macro

Tokina at-x 90mm macro “bokina”

all f/fa/DFA 50 and 100 f2.8 Macro lenses
Yes, I was opening myself to humor, I guess, with the use of the word "consensus" for something like this.
Thanks for the suggestions. My only real prime macro lens in K mount is the Sigma 105-mm f/2.8 EX lens. I've been looking at the Irix 150-mm f/2.8 Macro (new) and the Sigma EX 70-mm f/2.8 Macro (used), as something a little further away from 105mm and because they are a couple of focal lengths missing in my prime-lens collection that could be useful for normal (non-macro) photography, as well...
10-22-2021, 08:53 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cometguy Quote
Yes, I was opening myself to humor, I guess, with the use of the word "consensus" for something like this.
Thanks for the suggestions. My only real prime macro lens in K mount is the Sigma 105-mm f/2.8 EX lens. I've been looking at the Irix 150-mm f/2.8 Macro (new) and the Sigma EX 70-mm f/2.8 Macro (used), as something a little further away from 105mm and because they are a couple of focal lengths missing in my prime-lens collection that could be useful for normal (non-macro) photography, as well...
I would start a new thread with a title related to this question to spark interest. I sadly have used neither lens.