Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2021, 09:37 PM   #1

K3-III Whaat? counter jumped back a hundred frames?? Any experience?

Hi al K3-III'ans!

After enjoying the K20D as well as a terrific Pentax MX for years (still keep the latter, plus a smattering of older Taks) - I got a K3-III and I LOVE it!!!

Well Done Pentax (Ricoh)!

I can use a (real) viewfinder again!

So, an issue here - how come all of a sudden the camera jumped back a hundred or so frames, and now Lightroom is importing new images as xxxx-2, xxxy-2, and so on...

Resetting the counter would zero it, correct? What can be done, other than taking about 100 blanks? (to reach where I was before)

Tx!

Mike

08-16-2021, 09:48 PM - 3 Likes   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The camera will check the number of the newest file in the current folder and add 1 to it. So if you are currently on IMGP0100.JPG and want it to go to 200, just rename that file to IMGP0199.JPG and shoot another frame.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-16-2021, 10:10 PM   #3

Original Poster
Adam, you made my day, thank you!!

And now I know how this happened - it started with older files that I had not erased in card #2.

Learning, learning!

Muito Obrigado!

Mike