Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2021, 06:31 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Photos to photos data suggests that the dynamic range at the same iso is slightly lower on the k10d than the k100d. Additionally I found this:
Dynamic Range K100d vrs K10d: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

I really don’t think the k10d is going to perform better than the k100d at higher iso lower light. It will perform better at the lowest iso since it has a native iso 100 setting.
I received the camera today (looks almost brand new, "Budget" from KEH). I snapped on my 135mm lens (circa 1990's, can use Av mode with it) and snapped off a few "see how it sounds" images. It is a much more robust camera, larger, heavier (my neck is going to hate my guts tomorrow), and having the weather resistant body is a nice bonus.

As far as the images go, I'll know more tomorrow, I take them all in RAW, lowest ISO. Maybe when I get a top of the line Pentax (what ever it is by the time I feel justified to spend that much money), I can start to play with faster ISO speeds, but the way I've been taking images, the 200 has been okay (Can't wait to play with the 100 ISO). My favorite so far have been walking old town tripod and IR remote in hand and taking lots of low ISO, long exposure images (and even then they feel really noisy - grainy).

I'm addicted to Bokeh currently, so my f/is usually cranked wide open unless its just too bright out, then I'll wind it back down until I can get a nice balance. Car show on Tuesday will require some aperture control on my part. Gotta have sharp, clean shinny bits!