Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-25-2021, 08:07 PM   #1

Flash adapter

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket hot shoe to 5 pin adapter that fits the Pentax range? Pentax Australia have told me that the "hot shoe adapter fg" is no longer available.
I have searched the 2nd hand market and can only find items from the USA, the cost of which is reasonable at around $45 but shipping is going to be nearly $70. Any help would be appreciated

08-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douggie M Quote
Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket hot shoe to 5 pin adapter that fits the Pentax range? Pentax Australia have told me that the "hot shoe adapter fg" is no longer available.
Do you mean something equivalent to the Hot Shoe Adapter FG (plays nice with built-in flash) or will something equivalent to the Hot Shoe Adapter F work (interferes with popup flash). If the latter, there are numerous 3rd party offerings that will provide a corded extension with a 5-pole shoe at the other end, but none that simply accept a Pentax F 5P cord.

Note: I just did a quick look-see and Amazon for me (U.S. west coast) has listings for the Adapter FG new at $33 USD from a marketplace vendor.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 08-25-2021 at 08:25 PM.
08-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have searched the 2nd hand market and can only find items from the USA, the cost of which is reasonable at around $45 but shipping is going to be nearly $70. Any help would be appreciated
Are you looking for something like this in the attached Photo? This allows use of the camera's built in flash, it connects with a cord to another adapter which is cube shaped and will also attach to the camera's hot shoe but it not permit use of the camera's flash. I have the entire set up but use it occasionally so do not wish to part with it. Unfortunately, I could not find it listed on Amazon or ebay. I do wish you luck in your search.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
08-26-2021, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Do you mean something equivalent to the Hot Shoe Adapter FG (plays nice with built-in flash) or will something equivalent to the Hot Shoe Adapter F work (interferes with popup flash). If the latter, there are numerous 3rd party offerings that will provide a corded extension with a 5-pole shoe at the other end, but none that simply accept a Pentax F 5P cord.

Note: I just did a quick look-see and Amazon for me (U.S. west coast) has listings for the Adapter FG new at $33 USD from a marketplace vendor.

Steve
Thanks Steve,
I literally emailed a dozen camera stores across Australia in a desperate hope that somebody had an "adapter FG" that wasn't listed on their website.
I found one!! a store over 800km (540miles) away contacted me, so problem solved.

08-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I found one!! a store over 800km (540miles) away contacted me, so problem solved.
Cool!

I got my Adapter FG new from dealer stock at Adorama July of last year. They had a few Pentax flash cable odds and ends and that was one of them. Lucky me.

Steve