Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2021, 09:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AfterPentax Mark II Quote
In case of the OP's problem the message he gets indicates that there is no card in slot one and as soon as he puts in a card in slot 2 the K-1 II automatically chooses to write pictures to the card in slot two.
Yes, the Op problem is slightly different. Even when the card is inserted the camera says there is no card. I've tried to invest a card locked, the camera simply says "card locked" but it doesn't say "no card". So, the OP problem isn't that the card is locked.

08-27-2021, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
With thanks, I think I owe an apology to you guys as well.
Something has happened, without me noticing it. I was aware, when I set the camera up, that I want to have only one SD card and I want solely take pictures in JPEG format. This, because I just wanted to try the camera and lenses, and I didn't need the best image quality.
As I mentioned in the original post, the camera worked well, with one SD card inserted. The warning come suddenly, and that was why I got confused.
Several of you mentioned it, and I checked it, the failure was mine. I don't know how I messed up with the initial setting. It was set on two slots, and naturally the warning came. I saw that the camera in fact register the image on the existing SD card, and still cry for having no SD card.
The good thing was that, thanks to Pschlute, I learned the newly bought camera was not updated with the latest firmware.
08-27-2021, 11:30 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad to be of help.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mojtala Quote
and I want solely take pictures in JPEG format. This, because I just wanted to try the camera and lenses, and I didn't need the best image quality.
Just want to point out that for most scenes which do not require a lot of selective exposure adjustment in post, the in-camera jpeg will give you "the best image quality". Raw gives you the most flexibility, but you need to learn how to process them.
08-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mojtala Quote
The good thing was that, thanks to Pschlute, I learned the newly bought camera was not updated with the latest firmware.
Well, I don't have the latest firmware, I have K1 and K1 II with two different firmware versions and SD card message on missing card is the same regardless. For K-1 Mk II, all firmware updates were done to have the camera recognize newly released lenses, no bug fix.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-27-2021 at 03:41 PM.
08-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just picked up a mark ii. It's picky about cards. It won't read two cards I have that my other Pentaxes will read and write to with no issue. No error, but the card symbol would flash and it would show 0 files on the card.
08-28-2021, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Glad to be of help.

Just want to point out that for most scenes which do not require a lot of selective exposure adjustment in post, the in-camera jpeg will give you "the best image quality". Raw gives you the most flexibility, but you need to learn how to process them.

I know about that. Right now, I am just checking different aspects of the camera in the backyard. Otherwise, when I do '"photography', I use Raw+.