Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2021, 02:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Mystery Sigma lens!

I bought a Chinon CE-4s, which came with a Chinon 50mm f1.9 (plastic version, and a Sigma 28-200 1:3.5 - 5,3. Mainly, because of the latter lens. The lens was mounted on the camera, when it arrived. I took it off, and tried to mount on My K1, impossible. I tried on my K5, and the K10D, the same story. It mounts however easily on my ME body.
Does anyone know what the story is? BTW, the text on the lens says, P/K -A R-P/K. The sad thing is that the lens is very light, and practical. It is very nice and looks like new. I paid an equivalent of 50 USD for the package, here in Norway. Very depressing not being able to use that.

09-13-2021, 02:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
do you have a photo of the mount?

my guess is the aperture lever sleeve is too long for a DSLR and needs to partially removed...
09-13-2021, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #3

I suspect it has a large shield around the aperture lever which is fouling on the SDM power contacts inside the camera mount. The ME doesn't have those contacts.
09-13-2021, 03:20 PM - 2 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Apart from the potential problem with the aforementioned aperture lever shield, the lens is described as "P/K -A R-P/K", which may imply it has the infamous "Ricoh pin", possibly something that needs to be considered before mounting the lens on an a/f body! Wouldn't want to adjust the shield, mount the lens then find it won't come off again!

09-14-2021, 04:14 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you guys,
I am going to take some shots of the mount later today.