Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2021, 05:18 AM   #1

Ricoh GR 3 and Image Sync

Does Image Sync on an Amazon Fire HD 8 work with the Ricoh GR3. I have tried many times but I cannot go pass <Select your camera> screen. I always get the message <Go to Settings> on the tablet and < Enable location services on your smart device. Set location mode to High accuracy or Device only> .I do select the mode but I am always returned to the same Menu of <Go to Settings>. The camera is on . Wireless setting is on and bluetooth setting is on. Does anybody know how to get it to work so I can transfer my pictures wirelessly ? Thanks for reading

09-17-2021, 07:52 PM   #2

The GR III is not listed as a supported model. Perhaps Ricoh will release an update that will support the GR III.

Image Sync / APP / DOWNLOAD / SUPPORT | RICOH IMAGING
10-31-2021, 03:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image Sync 2 does support the Ricoh GR III:
ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/app/image-sync2/

If you need to download it and don't find it on Google Play store, here's the apk file to install it anyway:
Image Sync updated - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com
07-31-2022, 07:50 AM   #4

Did anyone get this to work on an Amazon device?

08-01-2022, 12:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Neik Quote
Did anyone get this to work on an Amazon device?
What device name/model exactly are you talking about?
08-02-2022, 01:10 AM   #6

I tried a current model a Fire HD 10 (11th Generation). You have to sideload the Play store, but most things work fine. The problem comes when you try to connect to the camera and "Image Sync" asks you to turn on high accuracy location services. The tablet just has "location services" and they are on.

I've had no trouble with other Android or iOS devices.