Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2021, 01:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

looking for Service manual Pentax V spotmeter (or a cheap repair)

Hi,
I probably shouldn't ask this, but I have recently bought a Pentax V spotmeter for a bargain, and it seems to work, compared with some measurements (of which some on a gray card) with a Sekonic digital (reflected-) lightmeter, but the only thing that doesn't work is the light in it, enabling to see the needle in low light situations.
Hence my question: Does anyone has a service manual of this meter or know how to fix this in an easy way? (I suppose there is a little light bulb that needs replacement?)
Or: Is there someone who knows a reliable, and not too expensive repair(wo)man who can fix this? I live in Belgium, so someone in my country or The Netherlands perhaps, or even France or Germany, could be an option (depending on the shipping costs of course). I was thinking to send it to Richard Ritter in the US, but I guess that would cost as much as buying a completely working digital spotmeter perhaps...
Any information is welcome,
Thanks!

Last edited by Reciprocity; 09-29-2021 at 03:25 AM.
09-29-2021, 06:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reciprocity Quote
Hi,
I probably shouldn't ask this, but I have recently bought a Pentax V spotmeter for a bargain, and it seems to work, compared with some measurements (of which some on a gray card) with a Sekonic digital (reflected-) lightmeter, but the only thing that doesn't work is the light in it, enabling to see the needle in low light situations.
Hence my question: Does anyone has a service manual of this meter or know how to fix this in an easy way? (I suppose there is a little light bulb that needs replacement?)
Or: Is there someone who knows a reliable, and not too expensive repair(wo)man who can fix this? I live in Belgium, so someone in my country or The Netherlands perhaps, or even France or Germany, could be an option (depending on the shipping costs of course). I was thinking to send it to Richard Ritter in the US, but I guess that would cost as much as buying a completely working digital spotmeter perhaps...
Any information is welcome,
Thanks!
In addition to my first questions and after some consideration: does anyone know how to open the Pentax V spotmeter? Does the scale dial needs to be removed to access the naughty parts? thanks...
09-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reciprocity Quote
In addition to my first questions and after some consideration: does anyone know how to open the Pentax V spotmeter? Does the scale dial needs to be removed to access the naughty parts? thanks...
Ok, I figured out that one has to remove the eyepiece retainer ring with a lens spanner in order to remove the back of this meter, the scale dial can stay as it is. Maybe useful information for other people who want to repair this meter. Also, behind the little plate with the serial number that is pasted and needs to be pried loose gently, one can find another little screw, that also has to be removed in order to get acces to the innards of this meter.