Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #16

Depending on you copying rig and lenses you may not be able to capture the full frame due to the crop-factor of the K-x aps-c sensor without workarounds.

As for bulk inverting the negative images it would depend on your software.

10-14-2021, 06:48 PM   #17

Original Poster
The firmware update has certainly solved my Kx problem Cheers and thanks for the help.
06-20-2022, 09:08 AM   #18

I have a slight variation on the Kx battery issue, which may be of interest. I have had a Kx since 2010, and for most of the time it has worked absolutely fine on rechargeable batteries. Over the last eighteen months or so, I noticed the battery life apparently reducing, to the point where I would get a yellow 'half charge' or a red indication almost as soon as switching it on, even though the batteries were fully charged. I decided to replace my rechargeable batteries with new ones (they were quite old), but this made no difference. I then installed the firmware upgrade to v1.03, but this made no difference either. However, I'm now beginning to wonder whether the problem is with the battery indicator itself, for the following reason. On a photographic trip a week or so ago, I used the camera on one set of batteries over a couple of days and took 130 shots, with the indicator showing red throughout!

Any thoughts?
06-21-2022, 01:05 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hewerofwood Quote
I recently bought a second hand Kx and looking at the forums, it seems that I have joined a big club of frustrated Pentax owners. The camera gives a "depleted battery" signal within minutes of inserting new, fully charged Eneloops. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
Read this:
Battery type AA/NiMH/Eneloop in K-x, K-r, K30 K50, K500 as well as *ist/K100/200/2000 - PentaxForums.com
but also not only clean the contacts but bend them slightly upwards to they give stronger contact.

If then nothing changes, try Energizer Lithium Ultimate AAs!