Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
Did you include flats when you stacked the images? They should take care of vignetting.
I did not. Sequator has some decent correction built in for that. I should probably make some next time.

---------- Post added 11-08-21 at 05:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Let me point out that if you don’t correct each shot any uneven illumination the differences add up and can increase the effect depending on the method of stacking.
"Correct" meaning?

11-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
I did not. Sequator has some decent correction built in for that. I should probably make some next time.

---------- Post added 11-08-21 at 05:09 PM ----------

"Correct" meaning?
Flats are definitely worth trying. They should provide better correction than that built into software since they are produced by your lens.

11-09-2021, 08:10 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

I'm not sure it's against logic - just against expectations. :P

How much time in a bag would you think would be necessary to balance out moisture?[COLOR="Silver"]

:P
The time would depend on the amount of moisture in the lens and how tightly sealed the lens is. You could speed up the process somewhat by choosing a warmer place to store the lens while you have it bagged with the desiccant. You also might draw out as much air as possible when you zip the bag so the desiccant doesn't have to work on trapped air in the bag. Even a slight vacuum would be beneficial as that would draw air out of the lens. The actual time though is hard to predict.
11-09-2021, 08:16 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Correct" meaning?
Meaning even illumination across the frame, even contrast, etc. Using the lens profile in an appropriate tool to fix each before stacking might help assuming the fix is repeatable and easily applied.

11-09-2021, 09:26 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Meaning even illumination across the frame, even contrast, etc. Using the lens profile in an appropriate tool to fix each before stacking might help assuming the fix is repeatable and easily applied.
UV,

I'll try using the tool in Adobe RAW - it recognizes the camera lens profile. TY!