Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2021, 03:29 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The AF fine tuning doesn't have more than 20 possible correction settings (from -10 to +10, excluding 0), so even if you have 1000 lenses you don't need more 20 AF fine tuning memorized.
I do not think that is correct. My understanding is that only adjustment for 20 different lenses is possible in the individual setting menu. So if I have 30 lenses at some point I wont be able to have them all registered. Let's say 6 of them require +5 (the most common adjustment required in this example). I can use the global setting for those 6. That leaves 24 lenses that require individual adjustment. As there are only 20 "slots" for individual adjustment, 4 of those lenses cannot be registered at all.

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
use this common correction value as "Apply to all" and add an offset to all other individual correction values
You cannot use the individual correction as an "offset". The global and individual settings are two distinct settings. The camera will use one or the other, it cannot use both.

12-17-2021, 07:16 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I can't recall for certain, but I'm fairly sure "Apply All" and "Apply To One" operate in an either / or capacity - i.e. they're not cumulative.
That's right. One solution remain, write AF correction value on a card and enter the correction value when changing the lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I do wish Ricoh would increase the number of individual AF fine adjustment memories.
Ricoh should increase to 128, I guess no one in the world owns more than 128 autofocus lenses. Probably can't be done via firmware only as they need to have the e2prom big enough on the motherboard.
12-17-2021, 05:28 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would be nice if different adjustments could be stored for both ends of a zoom lens. For example fr a 70-200 if one adjustment setting could be stored for 70mm and another for 200mm.
12-17-2021, 07:52 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
It would be nice if different adjustments could be stored for both ends of a zoom lens. For example fr a 70-200 if one adjustment setting could be stored for 70mm and another for 200mm.
I completely agree! This need is long overdue.