Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2021, 03:34 PM   #1

Pentax 645 - Multiple Exposures question

Hi everyone,

Happy to write my first post here.

I have a Pentax 645 and I am trying to do a series of double-exposure images.

I read carefully the manual and I still don't understand fully the instruction

It says :
1) set the multiple exposure ring
2) take photo 1 of subject
3) reset the multiple exposure ring
4) take photo 2
By repeating steps 3 and 4, multiple shots on single frame are possible."

I am confused because it says that resetting the M.E rings (step 3) will continue to multiple exposure on the same frame. But how about if you want to stop the multiple exposure process then for a normal one shot photo ?

As I want to do a series of double exposure only, I would like to be sure that it is only 2 images on each frame and then 2 again on the next one and so one...

So basically:
1) I set the multiple exposure ring,

2) I shot the image 1/2 of photo A

*the M.E ring automatically comes back to his regular position*
3)I shot the image 2/2 of photo A

4) I set the multiple exposure ring,

5) I shot the image 1/2 of photo B

6)I shot the image 2/2 of photo B

Is it correct ?

You can find attached a mistake photo with a triple exposure (instead of 2), one with flash and without paying attention to underexpose the shoots..

Thank you so much to bring me light on this mistery!

Cassandre

Attached Images

12-27-2021, 06:09 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.lafon Quote
As I want to do a series of double exposure only, I would like to be sure that it is only 2 images on each frame and then 2 again on the next one and so one...

So basically:
1) I set the multiple exposure ring,

2) I shot the image 1/2 of photo A

3)I shot the image 2/2 of photo A

4) I set the multiple exposure ring,

5) I shot the image 1/2 of photo B

6)I shot the image 2/2 of photo B

Is it correct ?

Cassandre
I no longer have the 645 - I use the 645N II. But from my knowledge and the description in the manual, the procedure you describe is correct if you want double-exposures, as the multi-exposure ring automatically returns to its original position after releasing the shutter.

Multi-exposures are possible, but then you have to reset the multi-exposure ring for each extra exposure. So this multi-exposure ring is basically a double-exposure function which can be used repeatedly to make multi-exposures.

[On the 645N and N II on the other hand it is the other way around. Here there is a multi-exposure switch which has to be returned to its original position by the user in order to turn off the multi-exposure function. So these cameras basically have a multi-exposure function which can be turned off by the user after the first press of the shutter button to make a double-exposure.]
12-28-2021, 05:49 AM   #3
ctt

Good info