Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2021, 07:35 PM   #31
ctt

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'm not sure as to the reason, but it is important that you let your camera format the SD card and not your computer. Try that and see if it works now.

And don't worry about asking for help. That's what our members do, and for the most part we're a patient lot. We've all been there.
I did format two different cards thru the camera, & I did hold the memo button down while turning on the camera, & held for awhile.

12-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ctt Quote
I did format two different cards thru the camera, & I did hold the memo button down while turning on the camera, & held for awhile.
Well poop.
12-28-2021, 09:12 PM   #33
ctt

Original Poster
I’ve made a terrible mistake! I don’t have a K10d; I have a K3!!! 😱
12-28-2021, 09:53 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I’ve made a terrible mistake! I don’t have a K10d; I have a K3!!!
Hahaha. Awesome. I think that's one of those good problems.
Although now our best working theory for why you can't get good focus is out the window.
I also have gotta say, those shots look pretty good for not being confident in your ability to focus.

12-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
Although now our best working theory for why you can't get good focus is out the window.
I also have gotta say, those shots look pretty good for not being confident in your ability to focus.
Yup… next theory: Sdm/HSM motor failure.

---------- Post added 12-29-21 at 12:05 AM ----------

I’ve made a terrible mistake! I don’t have a K10d; I have a K3!!! 😱
Well firmware 1.11 should work but you might go ahead and update to 1.43 anyway. I doubt that will fix the issue. If your 18-270 won’t focus except manually I’m guessing the motor in the lens is dead or the power contacts that give the lens power are bent/broken.
12-28-2021, 11:00 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The DA18-270 has a different SDM motor than the orig. Pentax SDM lenses (it is made by Tamron).
That motor can fail as well becoming very sluggish.

So with the K3 it is pretty simple to compare:
Does LiveView-mode produce the same problems?
12-29-2021, 06:13 AM   #37
ctt

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
The DA18-270 has a different SDM motor than the orig. Pentax SDM lenses (it is made by Tamron).
That motor can fail as well becoming very sluggish.

So with the K3 it is pretty simple to compare:
Does LiveView-mode produce the same problems?
My lens is a Pentax, & to be honest, I haven’t used live view. 😬

---------- Post added 12-29-2021 at 08:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
The recent ones that are soft are the woodpeckers. As soon as I can figure out how to get some old attachments off to free up some space, I will load them.

12-29-2021, 08:28 AM - 1 Like   #38
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
looks like i'm over my quota with only these 3 images. Not sure not how to delete the previous attachments that don't have a box by them to select.

---------- Post added 12-28-2021 at 08:10 PM ----------

i resized to 1020 pixels; how low can I go?
Even though you have been a forum member since 2007, your membership status is only senior member. Attaining pentaxian status through increased forum activity, or becoming a supporting member will increase the amount of attachments you can have.

Here is a table showing the various memberships, and the perks:

Account comparison

Account Type Attachment Limit Album Limits Gallery Limits Marketplace Access Other Perks Criteria
Registered User 4Mb 40 photos, 4Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy Only N/A Register on the forum!
Pentaxian 10Mb 100 photos, 10Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy & Sell Signature images 1000+ Posts and 1+ years' membership and 75+ likes

300+ posts and 2+ years' membership and 75+ likes
Site Supporter 60Mb+

New! (+20% extra per $20 renewal)
1000 Photos, 100 Mb 500 photos, 2Mb each Buy & Sell Many Donate $10+ or buy from Adorama or B&H
Loyal Site Supporter Unlimited 10,000 Photos, 300 Mb 1000 photos, 3Mb each Buy & Sell Custom titles & more! Loyal site supporter donation
Marketplace Reseller 100Mb 500 photos, 100Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy & Sell Commercially N/A $15/month (or $100/year) subscription
Note that users who have earned the rank of "Pentaxian" must log in at least once every 2 months, or make a post at least once every 4 months in order to maintain the status. Re-attaining the likes criteria after sufficient forum activity will restore the status.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Racer
12-29-2021, 08:41 AM   #39
ctt

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Even though you have been a forum member since 2007, your membership status is only senior member. Attaining pentaxian status through increased forum activity, or becoming a supporting member will increase the amount of attachments you can have.

Here is a table showing the various memberships, and the perks:

Account comparison

Account Type Attachment Limit Album Limits Gallery Limits Marketplace Access Other Perks Criteria
Registered User 4Mb 40 photos, 4Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy Only N/A Register on the forum!
Pentaxian 10Mb 100 photos, 10Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy & Sell Signature images 1000+ Posts and 1+ years' membership and 75+ likes

300+ posts and 2+ years' membership and 75+ likes
Site Supporter 60Mb+

New! (+20% extra per $20 renewal)
1000 Photos, 100 Mb 500 photos, 2Mb each Buy & Sell Many Donate $10+ or buy from Adorama or B&H
Loyal Site Supporter Unlimited 10,000 Photos, 300 Mb 1000 photos, 3Mb each Buy & Sell Custom titles & more! Loyal site supporter donation
Marketplace Reseller 100Mb 500 photos, 100Mb 50 Photos, 1.5 Mb each Buy & Sell Commercially N/A $15/month (or $100/year) subscription
Note that users who have earned the rank of "Pentaxian" must log in at least once every 2 months, or make a post at least once every 4 months in order to maintain the status. Re-attaining the likes criteria after sufficient forum activity will restore the status.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Racer
Thanks for the info! Since I haven’t been photographing very much the last few years, I’ve been in the forum much. Do you have to delete earlier attachments that no longer have a box to select next to them?
12-29-2021, 09:06 AM   #40
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Do you have to delete earlier attachments that no longer have a box to select next to them?
You shouldn't need to delete earlier attachments, provided you maintain (at the minimum) Pentaxian status, which enables a sizable storage amount. I did see where you posted a question to the moderation staff, and Adam replied. So if you truly wish to remove some older attachments, let us know, via the contact you submitted earlier, and we will try to help there.

You might look at your User Control Panel, on the left side, there are some links, and towards the bottom is a link to your attachments. For me, when I go there, I see every attachment going back to the first one in 2012, and all have a checkbox that facilitates removal.

So have a look, and see what is available for you.

Again, it may be dependent upon your current membership status, and perhaps simply getting to Pentaxian will enable features not available now.

Kind regards,
Racer
12-29-2021, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #41
ctt

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
You shouldn't need to delete earlier attachments, provided you maintain (at the minimum) Pentaxian status, which enables a sizable storage amount. I did see where you posted a question to the moderation staff, and Adam replied. So if you truly wish to remove some older attachments, let us know, via the contact you submitted earlier, and we will try to help there.

You might look at your User Control Panel, on the left side, there are some links, and towards the bottom is a link to your attachments. For me, when I go there, I see every attachment going back to the first one in 2012, and all have a checkbox that facilitates removal.

So have a look, and see what is available for you.

Again, it may be dependent upon your current membership status, and perhaps simply getting to Pentaxian will enable features not available now.

Kind regards,
Racer
Thank you! Yes I saw all the attachments, but most of them didn’t have their box to select. And yes, Adam said he would take care of it for me. You guys are terrific, even to novice like me. I so appreciate all the responses & patience!
12-29-2021, 09:30 AM   #42
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you! Yes I saw all the attachments, but most of them didn’t have their box to select. And yes, Adam said he would take care of it for me. You guys are terrific, even to novice like me. I so appreciate all the responses & patience!
Thank you for the kind words.
12-29-2021, 11:45 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My lens is a Pentax, & to be honest, I haven’t used live view. 😬.
That's not the point.
LV will give the possibility to compare.
It is simple: Use it and see if photos aren't sharp as well.
12-29-2021, 05:48 PM   #44
ctt

Original Poster
looks like i'm over my quota with only these 3 images. Not sure not how to delete the previous attachments that don't have a box by them to select.

---------- Post added 12-28-2021 at 08:10 PM ----------

i resized to 1020 pixels; how low can I go?
I feel like botched this post up pretty good starting out giving my incorrect camera model; I have a K3 rather than K10D. However, I am going to attach a few more of the out of focus examples, in case anyone has any more suggestions. The next time I'm shooting, I will try the live view out, once I research it a bit.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
12-29-2021, 06:48 PM   #45
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I feel like botched this post up pretty good starting out giving my incorrect camera model; I have a K3 rather than K10D. However, I am going to attach a few more of the out of focus examples, in case anyone has any more suggestions. The next time I'm shooting, I will try the live view out, once I research it a bit.
I'm not intimately familiar with the K-3, so I can't really advise on settings and such.

But.

Have you tried setting the camera to manual focus and then focus manually?