Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2021, 09:41 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by 17dew Quote
Well,thanks to photogem and the screw organization method and the photos and descriptions from grog85361 I was able to get it
back together and working OK.Didn't have to remove the front so the AM switch wasn't an issue.Thanks again!
Glad to hear that! Well done!

01-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Glad you sussed it - you have more nerve, confidence and skill than I !!

I notice the pick is plain black - did you not fancy a full spectrum plectrum ?
01-01-2022, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grog85361 Quote
Glad to hear that! Well done!
Thanks!

---------- Post added 01-01-22 at 03:58 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
Glad you sussed it - you have more nerve, confidence and skill than I !!

I notice the pick is plain black - did you not fancy a full spectrum plectrum ?
Thanks! Wouldn't want to do one everyday. Not easy on the nerves. I think my pick solenoid is
bad,I'm only getting dark picks.
10-27-2022, 12:32 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Hi, maybe someone from this thread can help to solve my problem.
Problem:
Rear screen on my K-70 does not switch on when I start the camera. The problem is not new to me because it happened many times in last year. But now it looks like permanent problem. I think that the problem is with "sensors" that inform the body in witch position is the rear screen. Even if the screen was active, when turning it to the side and flipping, the image stayed upside down. Now the camera "thinks" that the screen is closed and facing the camera body all the time.
I would like to fix it but i do not know how this system works. Is it possible to trick it so the screen would be always on?

10-27-2022, 10:45 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
Hi, maybe someone from this thread can help to solve my problem.
Problem:
Rear screen on my K-70 does not switch on when I start the camera. The problem is not new to me because it happened many times in last year. But now it looks like permanent problem. I think that the problem is with "sensors" that inform the body in witch position is the rear screen. Even if the screen was active, when turning it to the side and flipping, the image stayed upside down. Now the camera "thinks" that the screen is closed and facing the camera body all the time.
I would like to fix it but i do not know how this system works. Is it possible to trick it so the screen would be always on?
It could be a contact problem, that would always be the first thing I'd look for.

Otherwise I think it will be the screen itself.

I would open the K-70 as described here in this thread and check the contacts/clean them with isopropyl alcohol

If you need a replacement LCD, Aliexpress don't offer it anymore, but on ebay.com there is one:
NEW LCD Display Screen for PENTAX K-70 K70 Camera Repair Part (No outside glass) | eBay
10-28-2022, 01:23 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
It could be a contact problem, that would always be the first thing I'd look for.

Otherwise I think it will be the screen itself.

I would open the K-70 as described here in this thread and check the contacts/clean them with isopropyl alcohol

If you need a replacement LCD, Aliexpress don't offer it anymore, but on ebay.com there is one:
NEW LCD Display Screen for PENTAX K-70 K70 Camera Repair Part (No outside glass) | eBay
I think that you are right saying about the contacts. It would be great to know how are they constructed before I start to disassemble the camera body. Thanks for your advice.
10-28-2022, 02:45 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by taktoon Quote
I think that you are right saying about the contacts. It would be great to know how are they constructed before I start to disassemble the camera body. Thanks for your advice.
There are two possibilities:
a) contacts of the flexboards as shown here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/58-troubleshooting-beginner-...-labeled-2.jpg
b) the wires which could be damaged: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/58-troubleshooting-beginner-...cd-removed.jpg

If b) then you need to find a solution when the frame holding the LCD is off. You either need to replace them or repair them somehow.
This had been a problem before, somebody had really bad wires there!

Last edited by photogem; 10-29-2022 at 02:40 AM.