Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A little late to the party here, but may I ask by what means you determined that the fine adjustment had changed for a particular lens and whether the original value was correct before the firmware update.

Steve

01-03-2022, 11:13 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A little late to the party here, but may I ask by what means you determined that the fine adjustment had changed for a particular lens and whether the original value was correct before the firmware update.

Steve
Steve, I'd recorded in a database the data from previous adjustments that I'd entered in the camera. I then updated the firmware. I then proceeded to swap each of my lenses and note the (sometimes) different data that the camera now stored. I then proceeded to retest each lens.

Whether my original tests had given me the correct value, I can only say that they were close, but not perfect. My new tests did not change the values much from my original values.
01-04-2022, 05:28 AM   #18

I seem to recall some others posting having to redo AF adjustments after firmware update - not necessarily on the K-1. Not everybody though.

It may depend on how big an increment between versions your update from. Or as UncleVanya hypothesizes it may depend on the lens.
01-04-2022, 07:05 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I seem to recall some others posting having to redo AF adjustments after firmware update - not necessarily on the K-1. Not everybody though.

It may depend on how big an increment between versions your update from. Or as UncleVanya hypothesizes it may depend on the lens.
Interesting if other's have reported needing to redo adjustments. As I updated from v1.4 to v1.55 my gap between updates was reasonably lengthy, so it could be that ...

01-04-2022, 12:41 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Had my K-1 for nearly six years now. Never seen the AF/FA values change after many updates to firmware.
01-04-2022, 07:14 PM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I seem to recall some others posting having to redo AF adjustments after firmware update - not necessarily on the K-1.
Some K-3III users has a loss of AF adjustments with a firmware upgrade, IIRC.

Steve