Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-13-2022, 05:04 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rawtherapee

I've seen a number of recommendations for Rawtherapee. I can see there are online tutorials and an online manual, but does anyone know of a suitable pdf version that I can sit and read on these dark winter nights?

01-13-2022, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by longbo Quote
I've seen a number of recommendations for Rawtherapee. I can see there are online tutorials and an online manual, but does anyone know of a suitable pdf version that I can sit and read on these dark winter nights?
How about this?

01-13-2022, 06:09 AM   #3

Here is the link to pdf-version of RawTherapee RawPedia files: http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/RawPedia.pdf
01-13-2022, 07:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Looks like you got your answer.

There are many settings available. It can be overwhelming for a person trying it for the first time.

The Squirrel Mafia's new & improved RawTherapee thread! - PentaxForums.com

^ I have a thread with some files that you can download to start you off easier. Makes it less overwhelming.

01-13-2022, 07:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The best way to learn RawTherapee is to just spend some time with it in a no-pressure context. Then suddenly things start to make sense and the way the features are organized becomes pretty fluid to navigate.

There's a long awaited new version of RawTherapee that will come out eventually (could be soon, could be ANOTHER couple years... ;/) and I think that will make it a truly top class image processing program.
01-13-2022, 09:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian

If I remember correctly there is a PDF of Rawtherapee documentation, but I found the online version to be more convenient because it has hyperlinks.
01-14-2022, 04:49 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Rawtherapee Docs

Thank you to all who've replied. Some of you probably wondered why I asked the question, since it appears that the pdf is there to download on the website, but unfortunately, for me at least, it won't download - I get a message that the "source cannot be read". Can anyone download it? If so, could someone send it on to me, please?

01-15-2022, 05:36 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by longbo Quote
Thank you to all who've replied. Some of you probably wondered why I asked the question, since it appears that the pdf is there to download on the website, but unfortunately, for me at least, it won't download - I get a message that the "source cannot be read". Can anyone download it? If so, could someone send it on to me, please?
If you still need this try this Dropbox link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sd520r9os6xejim/RawPedia.pdf?dl=0
Seems strange that you can't download it yourself though

01-15-2022, 07:05 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
If you still need this try this Dropbox link.
Dropbox - RawPedia.pdf - Simplify your life
Seems strange that you can't download it yourself though
Brilliant, thanks. I don't understand why it won't download - I tried on my Samsung tablet and my Windows 10 PC. I had assumed thaterhaps it had been deleted from the server.