Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2023, 02:29 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you!!!

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
If it's the same issue as I had (have) it may be the sensor under the viewfinder playing up.
Go into LiveView, (where there doesn't seem to be a problem), go to Menu C4 and disable all the features relating to Eye Sensor.
Try it again with the optical viewfinder.
If this solves the problem it'll be up to you what your next step is.
Pentax UK made such a fuss about a warranty repair I decided to live without the feature.
I haven't needed it on all my other cameras so I don't notice it's loss
Today I had this issue for the first time. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Hope this is an issue Ricoh solves in their next updates, and if it's a hardware issue, then they better give an extended warranty for all of us affected.

03-30-2023, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fri98 Quote
Today I had this issue for the first time. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly! Hope this is an issue Ricoh solves in their next updates, and if it's a hardware issue, then they better give an extended warranty for all of us affected.
Don't bank on it getting fixed by update … my camera was faulty from more or less day one, and it was bought on pre-order as soon as the option was available!
There's been eleven firmware updates since then … the fault still exists!
Good luck with a warranty claim if your warranty is still current … get it in promptly and don't hope for an extension!
03-30-2023, 08:16 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't bank on it getting fixed by update … my camera was faulty from more or less day one, and it was bought on pre-order as soon as the option was available!
There's been eleven firmware updates since then … the fault still exists!
Good luck with a warranty claim if your warranty is still current … get it in promptly and don't hope for an extension!
Sadly I'm out of warranty already, so the only way to me is the extension, or pay for get it repaired.
08-13-2023, 03:45 PM - 1 Like   #19

If it's the same issue as I had (have) it may be the sensor under the viewfinder playing up.
Go into LiveView, (where there doesn't seem to be a problem), go to Menu C4 and disable all the features relating to Eye Sensor.
Pentax UK made such a fuss about a warranty repair I decided to live without the feature.
Thanks for this answer. My LCD was not working; your solution fixed the issue.

10-31-2023, 12:24 AM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-3 IIILCD screen issue

Thank you for this advice, solved my (same) problem too. I had my camera serviced twice after very dusty trips, but the problem still exists. Now, I have a way around it.
01-12-2024, 02:44 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Timus Quote
After purchasing the K3 lll Ultimate Guide I found that pushing the info button repeatedly the LCD light up. All good.
Good to know TFS!

I've had experienced that issue recently, especially in cold weather, where the sensor was fogged by my breath or perspiration...
So I just changed the Eye sensor sensitivity to "low", However, I didn't noticed that issue in the past years or so... and Since I recently added the PENTAX Magnifier Eyecup O-ME53 and since this eyecup is a bit larger than the original one, I am wondering if that thing had a role to play in triggering that issue ?

Do any of you that has the Eyecup has noticed the issue more frequently than without it?