Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-15-2022, 02:48 PM   #1

RAW/Fx1 Button Problem

Hello everyone!
A newbie here, and here's my first thread on Pentaxforums.
I bought Pentax k-70 a few days ago.
In button customazation, Assigning "Change AF Area" to RAW/Fx1 button doesn't function, when I assign it and try pressing RAW/Fx1 button, nothing happens, I can assign all the other functions though, and they fucntion.
Please help, i need this function handy.

Last edited by penotax; 01-16-2022 at 02:31 AM.
01-15-2022, 04:29 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not quite sure what you are attempting to do, but if I understand right, normally you will need to operate an e dial while pressing a button for the AF area to change.
01-16-2022, 10:58 AM   #3
Pentaxian

As far as I can see whilst fiddling with my K-70, assigning "Change AF Area" to RAW/Fx1 replicates the Menu C3|18 Type 2, that is to say it changes the function of the 4-way controller immediately instead of having to hold the OK Button for a couple of seconds. It also seems to assume that AF Active Area is set to SEL to provide any useful function, once the option is selected you then need to use the four-way controller to shift the AF Point, but there may be more to this that I'm not getting

Last edited by kypfer; 01-16-2022 at 11:04 AM.
01-16-2022, 01:03 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
As far as I can see whilst fiddling with my K-70, assigning "Change AF Area" to RAW/Fx1 replicates the Menu C3|18 Type 2, that is to say it changes the function of the 4-way controller immediately instead of having to hold the OK Button for a couple of seconds. It also seems to assume that AF Active Area is set to SEL to provide any useful function, once the option is selected you then need to use the four-way controller to shift the AF Point, but there may be more to this that I'm not getting
I wish i could grasp what you told me (with my lame english))), but i will read again and again, and see what happens when my battery is charged (which discharges before i take 100 pictures, though manufacturer claimed 410 images). damn cheaters...

Thank you mate!

01-16-2022, 03:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by penotax Quote
I wish i could grasp what you told me (with my lame english))), but i will read again and again, and see what happens when my battery is charged (which discharges before i take 100 pictures, though manufacturer claimed 410 images). damn cheaters...
Thank you mate!
It should all come clear with the camera in front of you Have the Info screen lit when not in the menu to see what's actually going on

Battery life can be very "flexible" !?! … the quoted 410 is simply a comparative figure against other cameras when the same conditions are used for each camera.
I've had from below 100 (over 2-3 days) to over 600 exposures from one charge, the former with a lot of telephoto re-focussing but relatively few exposures actually made, the latter making multiple rapid exposures using a manual focus 28mm … it all depends on how much work you give the camera to do FWIW, the KP is (slightly but noticeably) worse.
With all cameras I almost invariably have an extra battery in my pocket "just in case". Not a Pentax original, just a cheap clone, but it'll give me an extra 50% or more assuming both batteries were fully charged to start with.
Keep the rear screen turned off unless you actually need it, that eats battery.
I almost never use LiveView unless I specifically need to for a particular picture … awkward angle for optical viewfinder usually, sometimes for checking manual focus using "peaking" when shooting through foliage or similar and the Green Hexagon gets confused.
Get used to using the viewfinder for your exposure settings … have faith that the picture you just took will be good, there's no need to "chimp" every exposure unless you're experimenting.
01-17-2022, 12:30 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
It should all come clear with the camera in front of you Have the Info screen lit when not in the menu to see what's actually going on

Battery life can be very "flexible" !?! … the quoted 410 is simply a comparative figure against other cameras when the same conditions are used for each camera.
I've had from below 100 (over 2-3 days) to over 600 exposures from one charge, the former with a lot of telephoto re-focussing but relatively few exposures actually made, the latter making multiple rapid exposures using a manual focus 28mm … it all depends on how much work you give the camera to do FWIW, the KP is (slightly but noticeably) worse.
With all cameras I almost invariably have an extra battery in my pocket "just in case". Not a Pentax original, just a cheap clone, but it'll give me an extra 50% or more assuming both batteries were fully charged to start with.
Keep the rear screen turned off unless you actually need it, that eats battery.
I almost never use LiveView unless I specifically need to for a particular picture … awkward angle for optical viewfinder usually, sometimes for checking manual focus using "peaking" when shooting through foliage or similar and the Green Hexagon gets confused.
Get used to using the viewfinder for your exposure settings … have faith that the picture you just took will be good, there's no need to "chimp" every exposure unless you're experimenting.
I swear I had a dilemma if i should send this camera back because of this battery thing, or should i keep it because it shoots so beautiful, juicy pictures. Now you have inspired me)). Thank you very much mate, you gave very usefull information, i will stick to it.
But do not get too comfortable, i may have more questions))), just kidding))000