Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2022, 02:36 PM   #1

Rokinon 85mm f1.4 aperture issues.

Hola, tengo montado Rokinon 85mm f1.4 en una K1 Mark II, al montarlo lo puse en A, y en el la pantalla pareciera que todo funciona correctamente, pero lo cierto es que no logro cerrar el diafragma con el anillo del lente, cuando muevo el anillo de apertura del lente me marca error y simplemente no me deja tomar la foto y permaneces siempre en apertura 2.8.
En conclusión, no sé cómo hacer que funcione la apertura en el lente.
¿Alguna solución?

English translation added.
Hello, I have a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 mounted on a K1 Mark II, when I mounted it I set it to A, and on the screen it seems that everything works correctly, but the truth is that I cannot close the diaphragm with the lens ring, when I move the aperture ring of the lens, it gives me an error and it simply does not let me take the photo and you always remain at aperture 2.8.
In conclusion, I don't know how to make the aperture work on the lens.
Any solution?

Last edited by MarkJerling; 01-20-2022 at 03:42 PM.
01-20-2022, 02:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Google translate:
Hello, I have a Rokinon 85mm f1.4 mounted on a K1 Mark II, when I mounted it I set it to A, and on the screen it seems that everything works correctly, but the truth is that I cannot close the diaphragm with the lens ring, when I move the aperture ring of the lens, it gives me an error and it simply does not let me take the photo and you always remain at aperture 2.8.
Any solution?

Make sure you the aperture ring is enabled:
menu C4 - 26 - enable
01-20-2022, 02:47 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hola,

Si el lente esta en posicion A la apertura la controlas desde la camara. No desde el lente. Al sacar el lente de la posicion A la camara no lo reconoce y por eso da el error. Para poder cambiar la apertura con la anilla del lente, la camara debe tener activado el "Enable Aperture Ring" en el menu. No conozco el menu de ese modelo por lo que no puedo decirte en que parte del menu se encuentra.

Gracias,
Ismael

Hello,

If the lens is in the "A" position, you control the aperture from the camera. Not from the lens. When removing the lens from position "A", the camera does not recognize it and that is why it gives the error. In order to change the aperture with the lens ring, the camera must have the 'Enable Aperture Ring' activated in the menu. I don't know the menu of that model so I can't tell you in which part of the menu it is.

Thanks,
Ismael

**EDIT** sergysergy beat me to it.

Last edited by Sandy Hancock; 01-20-2022 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Translation added
01-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sergysergy Quote
Google translate:
Any solution?

Make sure you the aperture ring is enabled:
menu C4 - 26 - enable
Muchísimas gracias, ya funciona la apertura manual, pero ahora ve que el exposímetro no funciona, sólo cuando lo regreso a A. Tomé algunas fotos pero "adivinando" los valores para controlar la luz, porque no tengo la guía del exposímetro. Perdón por tanta lata pero soy principiante, ojalá tengas alguna solución y si no, de cualquier manera te agradezco.

English added:
Thank you very much, the manual aperture works now, but now you see that the light meter does not work, only when I return it to A. I took some photos but "guessing" the values ​​to control the light, because I do not have the light meter guide. Sorry for so much trouble but I'm a beginner, I hope you have a solution and if not, I thank you anyway.

Last edited by MarkJerling; 01-20-2022 at 03:45 PM.
01-20-2022, 04:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by macario_el_cojo Quote
Muchísimas gracias, ya funciona la apertura manual, pero ahora ve que el exposímetro no funciona, sólo cuando lo regreso a A. Tomé algunas fotos pero "adivinando" los valores para controlar la luz, porque no tengo la guía del exposímetro. Perdón por tanta lata pero soy principiante, ojalá tengas alguna solución y si no, de cualquier manera te agradezco.

English added:
Thank you very much, the manual aperture works now, but now you see that the light meter does not work, only when I return it to A. I took some photos but "guessing" the values ​​to control the light, because I do not have the light meter guide. Sorry for so much trouble but I'm a beginner, I hope you have a solution and if not, I thank you anyway.

No te recomiendo usar el anillo del lente para controlar la apertura porque eso te deshabilita el exposímetro, el iso automático, y te restringe a tener que usar únicamente el modo M de la cámara donde tendrás que presionar el botón verde para activar el exposímetro. En conclusión pon el anillo del lente en modo A y controla la apertura desde las ruedas de la cámara, entonces gozarás de todos los automatismos que Pentax ofrece.

I don't recommend using the lens ring to control the aperture because that disables the light meter, the automatic iso, and restricts you to only having to use the M mode of the camera where you have to press the green button to activate the light meter. In conclusion, put the lens ring in A mode and control the aperture from the camera wheels, then you will enjoy all the automation that Pentax offers.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 01-20-2022 at 08:27 PM. Reason: add translation
01-20-2022, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
No te recomiendo usar el anillo del lente para controlar la apertura porque eso te deshabilita el exposímetro, el iso automático, y te restringe a tener que usar únicamente el modo M de la cámara donde tendrás que presionar el botón verde para activar el exposímetro. En conclusión pon el anillo del lente en modo A y controla la apertura desde las ruedas de la cámara, entonces gozarás de todos los automatismos que Pentax ofrece.
Gracias!, lo que sucede es que cuando puse el lente en un principio aunque podía usar el dial de apertura y en la cámara me daba los cambios, al mirar las fotos en la computadora me daba cuenta que la apertura siempre se mantuvo en 2.8 (por el desenfoque que me daba), pero ya ahora si obedece la apertura; así que mil gracias!
Ya ahora sólo me queda seguir practicando para mejorar el enfoque.

Thank you!, what happens is that when I put the lens in the beginning, although I could use the aperture dial and in the camera it gave me the changes, when looking at the photos on the computer I realized that the aperture always remained at 2.8 ( because of the blur it gave me), but now it obeys the opening; so thank you very much!
Now all I have to do is keep practicing to improve my focus.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 01-20-2022 at 08:09 PM.
01-20-2022, 06:27 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

There is no reason to ever take it off 'A', even if you want to choose the aperture manually. (Use the dials on the camera.)