Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2022, 12:16 PM   #1

New Buyer: Common Issues - Pentax 6x7

Hello!

I am a film photographer looking to step up from 35mm to medium format. I have heard incredible things about the Pentax 6x7.

After doing research and going off of my budget I have found I can go for the Pentax 6x7 MLU, or the Pentax 67.

I have a couple questions to aid my process in buying one of these beasts.

1. What are some common issues to look out for with the Pentax 6x7 MLU / 67?
2. What are red flags to watch while buying them online?
3. Best places to buy a pentax (Online)?
4. General warnings or encouragement?

Thanks a bunch

02-02-2022, 09:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian

generally most folks disclose issues in the sales description.......

i have gotten one from a US seller spent a pretty penny but it also was a fairly good kit altogether.....MLU

also bought a beater from japan and knew of the issues beforehand and was able to get it functional (minus the broken TTL chain) non MLU

both have the "key" like knobs to open the back versus the thumb pressure locks

it is an amazing camera to shoot with and the negatives always produce that magic!