Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2022, 08:44 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Image Sync and K 70

I have 2K 70s one connects to my iPhone 12 with no problem. I cannot get the other to connect. The Wi-Fi settings show the camera is connected but in Image Sync app shows off-line.

02-03-2022, 09:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lajuanmesser Quote
I have 2K 70s one connects to my iPhone 12 with no problem. I cannot get the other to connect. The Wi-Fi settings show the camera is connected but in Image Sync app shows off-line.
That’s strange. Have you tried:

1) resetting network settings on the iPhone (step through this including step 7: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support )

2) going through the settings line by line on the two cameras to see what if anything is different

3) reset to default the camera that isn’t working

That’s all I can suggest at this time.
02-03-2022, 11:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My experience (and I've shot with ImageSync a fair bit) there appears to be cellular interference affecting the signal of BT/WiFi. I have found success disabling the Cellular service when i need to connect to my camera(s). I believe the issue is an Apple design flaw not related to ImageSync.
02-03-2022, 12:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
My experience (and I've shot with ImageSync a fair bit) there appears to be cellular interference affecting the signal of BT/WiFi. I have found success disabling the Cellular service when i need to connect to my camera(s). I believe the issue is an Apple design flaw not related to ImageSync.
I think that may be related to the setting to use cellular if wifi internet access is not working. See if turning off WiFi Assist helps. On my iPhone I have to disable autoconnect on my main WiFi since I am unable to keep connected to my KP if I do not turn this off. I do not have problems with losing connection or not connecting with the Wifi and Cellular enabled. My Wifi Assist is turned on. (This is with the KP)