Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2022, 08:27 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If there's room, I also add my telephone number to the copyright info. It's a free added security measure to help recover a lost or stolen camera.

02-26-2022, 04:56 PM   #17
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
If there's room, I also add my telephone number to the copyright info. It's a free added security measure to help recover a lost or stolen camera.
What a good idea!
02-27-2022, 01:36 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
And opening yourself to the possibility of an obscene clone fall (sorry, just had to do that !).

Peter Quentin Lear (known as P.Q.Lear)
02-27-2022, 03:27 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
I've never seen copyright data retained in a picture downloaded from FaceBook. They strip all extraneous data (and often recompress) to save server storage space.
Facebook preserves both the Artist and Copyright fields, Kypfer.

These text fields wouldn't save meaningful space on servers, they're negligible. But eliminating the other fields helps protect the privacy of the photographer who might've accidentally left in GPS coordinates, and time of day, etc - things that help a stalker, for example.

If you can't see the fields, check your post processing software isn't removing them when it exports your final image.

Last edited by clackers; 02-27-2022 at 03:42 PM.
02-28-2022, 02:28 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Facebook preserves both the Artist and Copyright fields, Kypfer.

My apologies, you are correct … the example I checked was an older posting, which, for some reason, had been stripped of all identification data, but I seem to remember now that FaceBook revised their policies on this a year or two ago.
I'll revise my previous post.