Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2022, 04:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

Monitor Calibration, settings query.

I wish to calibrate my BenQ SW2700PT monitor, using Pallette Master Element software, I'm faced with several settings and am unsure which choices to make.

White Point, offers me D65, D50, P3 and 120.
Luminance offers me 120, 48, 140, 160 and 180.
Profile Version offers me V2 or V4.

Any help as to which would be be the best choices, would be greatly appreciated.

04-02-2022, 04:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by velvia Quote
I wish to calibrate my BenQ SW2700PT monitor, using Pallette Master Element software, I'm faced with several settings and am unsure which choices to make.

White Point, offers me D65, D50, P3 and 120.
Luminance offers me 120, 48, 140, 160 and 180.
Profile Version offers me V2 or V4.

Any help as to which would be be the best choices, would be greatly appreciated.
Hi

I use an Eizo monitor with its own calibration software and my settings are:
White point 6500 (same as your D65)
Brightness 90cd/m2 (Luminance)

In your software I would start by selecting the "Photography" profile if one is available and then tweak from there. You should perform the calibration in a dimly lit room, and use the same dim lighting for your editing afterwards.

Hope this helps.

ps...is this your first experience of a wide gamut monitor ?
04-02-2022, 07:26 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out Art Suwansang's videos on the BenQ monitor calibration. If his videos don't have an answer you're looking for, you can contact him directly. He gave a talk a our photo club last year on calibrating the BenQ SW2700 monitors, and others too.

ArtIsRight - YouTube

Last edited by david94903; 04-02-2022 at 07:57 AM. Reason: added additional link
04-02-2022, 11:51 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks both for your replies, i will certainly check out those videos.

04-02-2022, 05:39 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by velvia Quote
On YouTube search for "Artisright." Go to Art's video channel and learn all you need to for BenQ monitor calibration. He is an ambassador for BenQ and knows his stuff. He is a Mac guy but also uses PCs. So he knows both systems pretty good. He is a software engineer by schooling/training who became a photographer, a master photographer at that!

I have a lower end 2K BenQ and followed his directions for software calibration. My monitor is not capable of hardware calibration. At some point I have to invest in a better monitor. But for now what I have is OK. I spoke to Art at this year's WPPI show in Vegas. He is a very nice guy and was very helpful in solving my monitor setup issues.