Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-02-2022, 11:47 PM   #1

K10D Pentax yellow flashing

Hey guys
In need of some help here if anyone is able to.
I have a K10 D pentax camera and all of a sudden when I take photos and then click to review the photo the whole screen flashes yellow and I am unable to see any images. Please help!
Thankyou!

04-02-2022, 11:56 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Court35 Quote
Hey guys
I have a K10 D pentax camera and all of a sudden when I take photos and then click to review the photo the whole screen flashes yellow and I am unable to see any images. Please help!
Thankyou!
The yellow flashing indicates that your photo is underexposed. It can be enabled/disabled in the menu (look for shadow/highlight alert).

As for the underexposure itself, either it's simply a question of the settings you used for the photo, or there might be something wrong with the camera's aperture actuator or sensor. Try increasing the shutter speed significantly above what the camera would normally pick- that might shed light on the nature of the issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2022, 12:01 AM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums, mate.
Does your screen show the menu and other functions normally, and it’s just reviewing images that's the problem?
if so, it might be an issue with your SD card. Try another one and see if the issue goes away.

Good luck.

PS. Just saw Adam's reply which seems to be more appropriate to your problem.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 04-03-2022 at 01:36 AM.
04-03-2022, 03:20 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The yellow flashing indicates that your photo is underexposed. It can be enabled/disabled in the menu (look for shadow/highlight alert).

As for the underexposure itself, either it's simply a question of the settings you used for the photo, or there might be something wrong with the camera's aperture actuator or sensor. Try increasing the shutter speed significantly above what the camera would normally pick- that might shed light on the nature of the issue.

Hey Adam
Thankyou for your response!
So I have changed these settings and the yellow flashing has stopped.
For some reason when I take photos it still comes up as a black image with nothing to show. I’m at a loss, any ideas?
Thanks again

04-03-2022, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Welcome to the forums, mate.
Does your screen show the menu and other functions normally, and it’s just reviewing images that's the problem?
if so, it might be an issue with your SD card. Try another one and see if the issue goes away.

Good luck.

PS. Just saw Adam's reply which seems to be more appropriate to your problem.

Hey thankyou!

Everything else seems fine with the camera. I changed a few things and the yellow flashing went away, now it’s just taking blank photos that are all black when shot and reviewing so I’m not so sure.
I changed the sd card today to a better one as well so thanks
04-03-2022, 03:39 AM   #6
Closed Account

Hey thankyou!
Most welcome.
04-03-2022, 04:20 AM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . now it’s just taking blank photos that are all black when shot and reviewing so I’m not so sure.
I changed the sd card today to a better one as well so thanks
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

the K 10d only accepts certain older sd cards

QuoteQuote:
Memory card type SD, SDHC
Pentax K10D - Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

follow the above link for more information about the camera

in case it is needed:

https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k10d.pdf
QuoteQuote:

Comprehensive SD Card Guide for Photographers
Become a memory card expert
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Jul 1, 2016
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/comprehensive-sd-card-g...#ixzz7POTUH1Tw

04-04-2022, 01:29 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Are you using a lens with an aperture ring? It might be bumped off A and onto f/22, which could explain the underexposure.
04-08-2022, 07:34 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
More info would help us to help you. Lens, camera settings, location (indoor, outdoor, sunny night?), do you have experience with dslrs, did it ever work correctly? There are 100+ things it could be. Without more info, it's just shots in the dark (groaning at bad pun).
12-31-2022, 03:04 AM   #10

Hey guys
Thankyou!
I have the same or similar problem, I have a K30. Have tried various settings to no avail. A Camera shop did a reset via the menu as I have also done, but that only works for a few shots then reverts back to yellow screen.
12-31-2022, 03:15 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aussiemate Quote
I have the same or similar problem, I have a K30. Have tried various settings to no avail. A Camera shop did a reset via the menu as I have also done, but that only works for a few shots then reverts back to yellow screen.
Have you disabled the over/under exposure warning in the menu ?

Page 176 shows you how to do this here https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-30.pdf

If you use any of the USER modes, you may need to change the setting while in these modes too.

Last edited by pschlute; 12-31-2022 at 03:21 AM.
12-31-2022, 06:10 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you post a picture - even a black one- using the Manage Attachments button below the quick reply under this page , we can see the camera settings for this picture (= the exif data in the jpeg file) and perhaps be more specific....

If for instance the camera indicates normal daylight values like 1/100 & f4 & iso400 but the picture turns black , it might indicate an aperture failure...
But we need to exclude any accidental incorrect setting of the camera from the image file....

If you like to check settings yourself , use Check Camera Shutter Count and Manufacture Date
But it is extensive ....