Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #16

Original Poster
Yeah I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something easy or obvious in the settings. Seems like the body and lens weren't communicating and, since they came together, I went ahead and sent it all back. Yes, I went with the longer lens to get me closer to the birds with the idea that I would get a wider lens later. So far B&H has been easy to deal with but I'm probably going to take a minute to think about other options. I still feel like the K70 is a great choice, but it kind of bummed me out that a brand new expensive (for me) kit didn't last more than half an hour. Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it!

04-09-2022, 12:45 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RickB. Quote
Yeah I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something easy or obvious in the settings. Seems like the body and lens weren't communicating and, since they came together, I went ahead and sent it all back. Yes, I went with the longer lens to get me closer to the birds with the idea that I would get a wider lens later. So far B&H has been easy to deal with but I'm probably going to take a minute to think about other options. I still feel like the K70 is a great choice, but it kind of bummed me out that a brand new expensive (for me) kit didn't last more than half an hour. Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it!
This happens with all brands, just bad luck.
This option with the DA55-300PLM was a good one.
A good wideangle zoom such as the DA16-45 (the ultimate bargain if in good condition, worth every penny, it really can show its qualities on the K70 and KP) is cheap to find and outperforms in its range the Kitlens or the DA18-135 with ease. The DA18-135 is not better than the kitlens from 18-55mm. So it is quite useless for you because you cover 55-135mm of it much better.

So stay with your choice and built up from there, it was a very good choice.