Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Metz 50 AF -1 digital flash - programing problems

hope I am in the correct thread here, I am new to this form and looked around but could not find what I am looking for so I opened a new thread.
I I have a Metz 50 AF -1 digital flash programed for Canon , I recently bought a Pentax camera and down loaded the software for Pentax - I try to program and it just stats and then get "Errorcode:ERROR_NO_DRIVER_ENTRY! No Device Entry Found In Driver !" - I can load the Canon software and it works fine - I down loaded Olypus and Nikon and NONE of them work either- Only the Canon software works - Has anyone had any issues like this or any suggestions and solutions for me , thanks

04-10-2022, 09:15 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Didn't know a flash could be programmed to work with different cameras? I think the flash is dedicated to a Canon camera and what you are downloading is the firmware for the Pentax version of the Metz flash. You need a flash that is compatible with your Pentax camera.
04-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
okay, maybe that is the problem, I was of the understanding that it was just a software change up - I guess if that is the case I am stuck with it only on my Canon , sure was hopping to use it on my Pentax ..... maybe someone knows how to make it wk/modify for Pentax use
04-10-2022, 09:58 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by camerainhand Quote
okay, maybe that is the problem, I was of the understanding that it was just a software change up - I guess if that is the case I am stuck with it only on my Canon , sure was hopping to use it on my Pentax ..... maybe someone knows how to make it wk/modify for Pentax use
I picked up a used Shanny flash like new for 35$, works great too. keep your eye open for a used compatible flash.

04-11-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by camerainhand Quote
As far as I know, there is no way to modify or reprogram a Metz flash to work with a different brand of camera. If you look closely at the two cameras' hot shoe mounts between your Canon and Pentax, you will find that the arrangement of electrical contacts is physically different and therefore not compatible.
04-12-2022, 03:03 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Major difference between the hotshoes.
A Metz with Canon hotshoe cannot work on a Pentax.
Old Metz TTL flashes had the possibility for different adapters, this was quite an advantage but that's past.