Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2022, 02:06 AM   #1

Pentax 645 (original) Buttons not working

Hey all,

Just thought i'd ask here in case there is a secret quick-fix otherwise I might just have to sell both my Pentax 645 bodies as spares for someone more capable.
I was given another Pentax 645 body which apparently had a battery leak issue, no problem, I have a working (ish) body already I can use the battery grip from. All is well with this other body, except none of the buttons on the top plate work.

The shutter fires, LCD display in the viewfinder is fine, automatic film winding all work as expected, the LCD readout reads 'M 1000' with no film and keeps track of frame count fine when loaded.
Even the little cocking red light lights up fine.. I just cannot change shutter speed, change modes, turn on the little night light etc.. which is a shame considering the rest works fine and the body is in good condition.

The only additional thing i have tried is a fresh lithium battery to try to kick it into life but with no success.

Anyway, I hope i have provided enough detail, any help appreciated.. or if someone would maybe want to buy 2 bodies for spares off me, just shout

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
battery, bodies, body, change, film, lcd, light, pentax, pentax service, repair, service, shutter, warranty