Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2022, 12:53 AM   #1

645Z Flash won't fire

Hi there.
If I set my shutter to fire using 3 sec delay with IR remote release, the flash won't fire. Is this a known issue for the 645Z? It fires on remote release with no delay and normal shutter release.
Thanks.

04-26-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pops Quote
Hi there.
If I set my shutter to fire using 3 sec delay with IR remote release, the flash won't fire. Is this a known issue for the 645Z? It fires on remote release with no delay and normal shutter release.
Thanks.
I have not noticed this...but OTOH, not sure I've ever set up this way, may have used MLU instead...
04-26-2022, 12:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
I have not noticed this...but OTOH, not sure I've ever set up this way, may have used MLU instead...
I don't normally shoot like this either. I was testing some strobe setups using myself as the subject and I didn't really want the images showing me pointing the remote trigger at the camera. It doesn't really matter, the anomaly just caught me by surprise. I had a Godox XPro P as a trigger on the hotshoe but I doubt that would make any difference. Either the hotshoe fires or it doesn't.
04-26-2022, 02:06 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the XPro-P also. I have never had any errors with it strictly firing with no delay, and that is basically the way I use it. It may be that since the transmitter is working strictly in its own Godox function commands that it does not recognize the delay command you are testing with. If I wanted to do the delay setting on the camera, I would use it in association with pressing the shutter button on the camera and let it go from there if I had the XPro-P on it. I have not tried it yet, but that is the way that I would probably approach it. These are just possibilities that I am expressing. The XPro-P may not be recognizing the infrared signaling activation as opposed to the regular shutter button activation on the camera itself, which also may be just a possibility.

Last edited by C_Jones; 04-26-2022 at 02:20 PM.
04-26-2022, 03:42 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just tried this - and I think you've discovered a genuine bug in the Godox firmware. We should probably report this to Godox.

I have the latest 1.2 firmware in the XPro-P, and I think in the strobe as well (AD200, and I have the bigger ones 400pro, 600pro).

With the Godox XPro-P in M mode, as you say, Remote with 3s delay did not fire the Godox XPro-P and AD200 connected.With the Godox XPro-P in TTL mode, it fired the flash once, then 3s delay, then fired again. But it looks out of sync - dark image, except bright at the bottom.

With it set to Remote, without the delay, it worked fine. Remote continuous shooting also worked (although I had trouble getting it to stop with the second press - I suspect the flash was overwhelming the sensor).

I checked that I have the latest firmware in the Godox equipment, and I do.

I tried same with AF540FGZII, and it worked like so:
P-TTL mode, fired once for metering as the mirror went up, then fired again, in sync, no issue with 3second delay.
M mode, fired only once after 3 second delay.
04-27-2022, 05:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A quick test on a K1 with 3s delayed remote has a similar problem.

---------- Post added 04-27-22 at 09:18 AM ----------

I sent Godox a note via Feedback or Proposal on this page:
Flash-GODOX Photo Equipment Co.,Ltd.
Please contact them as well, so that they do something about this.
04-28-2022, 02:30 AM   #7

Original Poster
I tried the same scenario using an old generic Interfit trigger which just has centre pin only on the hot shoe that fires a Honey Badger. The flash fired using IR remote with 3s delay. I guess it's a Godox XPro issue then.

04-28-2022, 09:20 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pops Quote
I tried the same scenario using an old generic Interfit trigger which just has centre pin only on the hot shoe that fires a Honey Badger. The flash fired using IR remote with 3s delay. I guess it's a Godox XPro issue then.
Yes, it seems to be. Contact Godox, like I suggested.