Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2022, 09:15 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by colbycbs Quote
I used a microfiber cloth with a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol. Anything else I should try to clean it? Same goes for the other contacts. It should dry pretty quickly, no?
That is usually fine.
I think your only chance is if you can get hold of another lens with an inbuilt motor and then see if the same problem occurs.
Then it is the body and there is not much you can do but just use lenses with scewdrive.

But: It actually is very rare that the SMD/HMS/CD-Motor drive goes bad.

To name those contacts "power-zoom contacts" is wrong!
Real power-zoom-contacts belong to SLR filmbodies of the Z-Series (Z70 only partly) which have the extended power-zoom functions.
Those functions work only with Pentax power-zoom lenses.
The K10D, K7, K5, K3, K1 support the zoom-function of those lenses as well but no other power-zoom functions!
The K70 doesn't support power-zoom (nor even the KP)

Last edited by photogem; 09-17-2022 at 03:33 AM.