Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2022, 08:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I would send for repair. Even if a reset works the problem might resurface. That’s my opinion only.
Yeah, I was thinking the same.

08-10-2022, 12:05 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would send for repair. Even if a reset works the problem might resurface. That’s my opinion only.
Fully agreed. Would have been good to know that it is still in warranty time!
Then everybody would have suggested this!
08-10-2022, 01:57 PM - 2 Likes   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gord Quote
Thanks for the comments with regards to possible actions. I have contacted Pentax support and the only suggestion was details regarding sending in under warranty. I will try the 48 hour restart and also will try modifying the live view switches which I have utilized before. Also will try to see if installing a battery while the camera is turned on will give a try. Will update once I try a number of the suggestions. I am thinking I may need to send in for repairs.
An update on the issue - Left the battery out for over 48 hours. When installed back in - mirror functioned properly. Has rectified the issue. It will be interesting to see whether the problem occurs again. Not really what I want on a regular basis. Thanks all for your thoughts and comments.
08-10-2022, 05:43 PM   #19

Original Poster
Share the concern about the problem re-surfacing. Will put it through its' paces over the next couple of weeks to see what occurs. I must admit my confidence has been shaken a bit and am dusting of the K3.

09-07-2022, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #20

Original Poster
Follow up to the shutter issue. The camera is in for repair. The problem did indeed occur again (as suspected). Hope to have it back in about 3 weeks. Will update with regards to the repair (if they provide any information)
09-07-2022, 05:51 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gord Quote
Follow up to the shutter issue. The camera is in for repair. The problem did indeed occur again (as suspected). Hope to have it back in about 3 weeks. Will update with regards to the repair (if they provide any information)
Hopefully, they will have a good grasp as to the cause of this problem, now that the camera is working, and will be able to make a permanent repair. The K-3 III is a very solid camera with top-notch construction, but as is true of anything made by humans, even one of these can still have a defect.
09-13-2022, 08:18 AM   #22

Original Poster
Camera back from repair shop. Replaced the B100 Block Unit and is working like a charm. Will put it through some paces to make sure all is good over time as well. No issues with warranty and work completed at no charge (except for my cost of mailing it to the shop - they covered return post).

Thanks all for your comments and thoughts regarding the issue.

09-26-2022, 07:56 AM   #23

Original Poster
Update on the K3 MKIII shutter stutter - Repair was not successful. The problem has occurred again. Trying to contact the repair shop to discuss and decide next step(s).