Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2022, 04:44 AM   #1

Two K-1 Mark II with Custom Image menu with different parameters choices

Howdy!

I just stumbled upon this riddle and I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
Me and my partner have each a Pentax K-1 Mark II. Mine is actually a K-1 which was updated to Mark II by changing the board.
I already noticed it before and I attributed the thing to an older Firmware on my partners camera, but her Custom Image selection Menu (right button on the circle dial on the back of the camera) has a 'Natural' profile which offers only 5 (five) modification choice (SATURATION, HUE, HIGH/LOW KEY, CONTRAST, SHARPNESS).
On my camera instead the same 'Natural' profile offers 7 (seven): SATURATION, HUE, HIGH/LOW KEY, CONTRAST, HIGHLIGHT ADJ., SHADOW ADJ., SHARPNESS.

Even after performing a firmware update to the most recent version, nothing has changed. I still have seven and she has still got five.

Why is that? Do newer & not modified K-1 Mark II coming from the factory miss that selection option or is a bug?

08-11-2022, 05:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have mine with me at the moment, but from memory you have to press the info? Button (it may be another) to get the rest of the options. Worth a look.
08-11-2022, 05:17 AM - 2 Likes   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the attention. SOLVED! It never occurred to me that when you are into the custom menu with the parameters to modify all deployed, you can shorted the list or display all the lemmas by turning the camera front wheel! They parameters are all there... just, if you do not use all of them, you can select a shorter menu, with only the main ones.
What do you now...!