Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2022, 07:03 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
So, there are a few things I failed to mention...
This striping does show up predominately when adjusting the image gain. I am not so sure why the camera self adjusted to 1/4000 sec when the image previously was at 1/250 at f10 (Both at ISO 400 - Which I forgot to take down to 200 when I went outside).

Here is the image I took immediately before the one I posted And, even though it is difficult to see, there is still one strip (outlined in the second image...)

So, what I'm getting from the discussion here is, it's pretty common with the K series with that sensor and it's just a "feature" that has to be dealt with...
(The only post processing in these images below was to do a re-size and a border box on the second image).

Outlined area of inconsistent image processing...

And now on to my next issue... it's with my K1 in Live View... (I'll list a link... later)

Last edited by bobphoenix; 08-24-2022 at 07:11 AM.
08-24-2022, 01:16 PM   #17
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobphoenix Quote
I am not so sure why the camera self adjusted to 1/4000 sec when the image previously was at 1/250 at f10 (Both at ISO 400 -
This was probably due to the classic error a lightmeter does when attempting to meter white. It exposes it on the presumption the white is neutral grey. You would probably need spotmetering on for this to happen.